Come to Me

In the Cafe

-Hi Niharika Di.
-Hi, Dhara. What's it that you wanted to talk about? Everything okay?
- Let's order something first? It's my first time treating you? What will you have?
- A coffee will do.
- Sure, excuse me two coffee please.

While Dhara was ordering, Niharika was feeling restless, she was itching to ask about Ranvijay but she was yet to lose her anger. On one hand, her heart was beating rapidly, fearing something has happened to Ranvijay. The other was telling her not to bother about him, he should have come to her and made more efforts. Who calls for a day and then never again?

-So... Niharika di, I wanted to talk about.. ummm..
- Yeah, what, don't hesitate. Tell me.
- Di, it's about Sir. Ranvijay Sir.
- What about him?
- He is not well these days. He has this large dark circles underneath his eyes. He works till late, and often isn't returning home. He only consumes coffee, he doesn't eat anything while in office. He even fainted twice in the office yesterday.
- What are you saying?

This was something Niharika was dreading, Ranvijay ignoring himself.

Dhara continued, "Also, I don't know how to put this, but, something is going in the company. Remember the last business trip, something is cooking, I can feel that. His parents are meeting him often. His brother is also here."

"Brother? Brother as in Arjun?" Niharika asked.

"Yes."
An Erie feeling crept under Niharika's skin. "What is Arjun doing here? As far as I know, he was in London, handling all other properties of Ranvijay's father. They never had a brother like thing. Why do I have a sour feeling about this?" Niharika thought to herself.

"Dhara, thank you, I will see to it. Keep an eye on the office and inform me if you find anything. I am forever grateful to you for this."

" No di, you and Sir did a lot for me. I can never repay you, this is the least I can do for you, you guys are my family after all." Niharika hugged Dhara and left from there.

Hours passed and Niharika was thinking about everything. She was trying to connect the dots, all the chess pieces were on board, but she needed to protect her King at all costs. Her instinct was making sense, but yet something was missing.

Suddenly she remembered Dhara's words, he fainted twice. Isn't he taking medicines, isn't he sleeping, isn't he eating. Why? She couldn't stop herself, so she texted, because it was of no use to call him, he won't utter a word, hopefully he would reply.

What are you doing? Are you okay?

After 5 fucking days, you are caring now?

Sheesh, just tell me.

You care? After leaving me to rot all alone on myself, you now care? Your friend came and insulted me, and you are caring now? Ì have called you for god knows, how many times, and now you care!

Sunaina went to you? What did she tell?

She will you set you up with her NRI friend. Wow, just wow now you care about your friend only.

Why are you so irritated? Haven't you slept well?

If you know me so much, you should've known I can't sleep without you too.

Is it? You never said.

I never said many things, but anyway you did. Leave it. Why do you care now?

XY Abcd road, UTE Apartment, 8th floor,flat no. 801. This is my address, Come to me. I will wait for you.

Why? I won't.