"But—" I glowered at her and tilted my head in the direction other mother. Behind the women stood a well dressed man that glared at me. Caera looked at me, before relenting and walking over to her people as the guards shifted to let her through.

"So...are we gonna be badasses and kick their asses and run?" Regis asked at he shifted from within me.

"No, that would only cause more trouble for me and I'm too tired to fight right now." I replied as I slowly brought my hands out in front of me wrist first, kneeling down on my knees in submission. Three guards acted quickly, pulling out chained metal cuffs and clasping them tightly around my wrists. The other two kept their weapons pointed at me as I stood, letting them take me to a metal wagon, with horse like mana beasts attached to the metal rods at the front of the wagon.

I could hear Caera fussing with her parents as the practically threw me into the metal wagon. I sat on the small bench that lined the inner wall of the wagon, slouching as I released a sigh. Two guards entered with me and sat opposite to me. One of them leaned toward my cuffed hands and attached a chain to the semi hoop that was welded to the bottom. The chain was short, so it made my slouch forward.

"Try to escape, and you die. Understood?" The low, masculine voice rumbled from the guard. He sat back down, weapon pointed at me.

I nodded silently and I sat my elbows on my knees. My head lowered as memories of my time in Dicathen played in my mind. Their was a knock on the side of the wagon. The guard that cuffed me stood up and opened the door, stepping out and closing the door behind him.

"You definitely gotten yourself into a scrape, eh pretty boy?" The one guard sitting across from me said as he took his helmet off.

"Alaric?" I sat genuinely surprised at the man sitting across from me. His face was red as he looked at me in amusement.

"Alaric...how...?" Was all I was able to muster as he chortled as my evident confusion. His face pulled into a half-cocked smirk as he shifted in his seat.

"You didn't really believe that I'd just let ya get arrested with you paying me what you owe right?" He said as he shook his head. I rolled my eyes in amusement as he lead forward suddenly becoming serious.

"Now, let's get down to business."

________**********________

The wagon stopped and a knocks sounded from outside the doors. The guard sitting to the left unchained my cuffs from the floor before quickly repositioning his weapon at me. Regis had been quiet this entire time, peering around from inside my core.

The metal doors opened and more guards were stationed outside. One of the guards pushed me forward as I jumped out of the wagon causally, startling the guard around me as the quickly brandished their weapons.

"Calm down. I'm not gonna try to kill you and run. I'm too tired for that anyway." I said as a guard came up to my side grabbing my arm, and pulling me forward. I thought I'd be put in a prison, but instead, I walked up to a nice sized mansion. A man again, welled dressed stood next to a weeping women. He glowered at me as the guard pulling on my shackles lead me closer to them.

The lord of the Granbehl estate, cocked back his fist before punching me in the face. He cocked back again and release a punch to my temple. I didn't even flinch as he did so, didn't move an inch. Instead, I looked him in the eyes and smiled. It didn't reach my eyes and I'm sure my eyes looked dead judging by the way he winced slightly.