Chapter Nine

Here I am again, apologizing for not updating. I'm am sorry I know you guys have been waiting. My reading/writing slump has been awful. But I have lots of ideas for this story so I am going to finish it now. I'm not gonna do an update schedule, I'll just update when I finish a chapter. Thanks for sticking with me so far. I hope you enjoy this chapter!
-Faith <3
_____________________________

I'm getting tired. I've noticed my fatigue in the last few days, but have written it off to training with Azriel. I'm not used to so much physical activity, so being sore and tired from it would be normal.

But Azriel says I'm supposed to be getting stronger by now. My Fae body adapts quicker then a human one would and my fatigue should be turning into strength now.

He's worried about me. I can tell. He's been going easier on me during training, even when I ask him not to. He thinks there's something wrong with me. I don't want to think about it though. Because if there is something wrong with me, then I'll have to tell them where I'm from to figure out exactly what is wrong with me.

And I really don't want to do that. But, unfortunately, I think the universe has different plans for me.

Me and Azriel are training on the roof this morning. Nothing new, the wind still biting at my cheeks as I run laps around the edge of the building. Azriel lowered it two 2 miles, though. And I still collapse onto the ground after running them, my legs shaking and throat raw.

He stares down at me, concern in his eyes. He reaches a hand down to help me up, but my legs are still shaking so I have to hold on to him while I catch my breath. My fingers wrap around the fabric of his sleeve as I inhale deeply, waiting for the dizziness to pass.

"You- said- this was- going to get- easier." I huff, glaring up at him as he grips my shoulders. I can tell he's worried about me. He wants to take a break from training until we figure out what's wrong with me, but I know if we stop now, I'll have to start all over again. I'll pass on that.

"It's supposed to get easier. I don't understand why your body isn't progressing," I let go of him to grab some water, placing my hand on the table to keep my balance, "It's almost like you're getting worse." He mumbles. I look up to the sky, dreading what I know is bound to happen.

I've been scared to go to sleep recently. I know one day I'm going to wake up in my bedroom back home. I'm going to have to see my mom again and go to that school with those people I don't like. And then I'll have to leave my best friends again. Because if I go back there, I will be coming back here as soon as I can.

"Look, Winnie. I know you don't want to, but maybe we should just take a breather for a few days." Azriel says, stepping closer to me, "A few days won't put you back to square one." I take  a deep breath in, nodding my head. He's more stubborn then I am, so I know I'm not going to win this battle. And a few days with no running doesn't sound awful.

I put down my water, about to give in and agree to a break in training, when it happens. All of the sudden, my ears ring and I'm laying on the ground. My chest hurts and I can barely breath but I manage to get up.

I look around to find the entire roof blown up. There's a massive hole in the middle of the roof and everything is either on fire or turned to ash. Azriel appears in front of me, having flown to me from across the hole in the building.

"Are you okay?" He asks, panic in his voice, but I can barely hear him. Everything is so quiet but so loud and the ringing won't stop. Azriel brings his hand up to my ear and pulls it back to show blood on his fingers. My ears are bleeding.

My head starts to get fuzzy and I feel my legs about to give out. I try to tell Azriel, but my voice won't work and I'm fading too quickly. He catches me as I fall and my vision goes black.