Chapter Three

I wake to the dimmed sunlight casting through the windows once again. my eyes fluttering open as I look around the room, memories of the night before coming back to me.

I stayed. I'm not back in my own reality. Thank fuck.

I jump out of bed, eager to start the day as I head for the bathroom in my room. I walk in and stop at the doorway, admiring the area.

A stand-alone bathtub sits in the center of the room. To the right there's a mirror above a counter covered in every toiletry I could ever wish for and to the left is a wall with cabinets, no doubt filled with more.

I walk to the tub to turn the water on for a bath, but as I look into the tub, I see that it is already filled with warm water, shampoo, conditioner and body wash already set to the side for me.

I undress quickly, stepping into the tub and relishing in the warmth as I settle in. I start with my hair, scrubbing until my scalp is raw and then rinse it to put conditioner through it.

After my hair is clean and draped over my shoulders, I move to the body wash, scrubbing my skin until it's red. I notice that my legs are still hair free, even after not shaving them for a couple days now. Did Fae not grow leg hair?

Okay, that's hella cool. No wonder Feyre never talked about shaving for a night with Rhys. She didn't HAVE to.

After I'm all clean I step out of the tub, a fluffy towel and robe waiting for me on the floor. I dry off, wrapping my hair in the towel and slide into the robe.

After brushing my hair and applying some makeup to my face, which consists of a charcoal substance for mascara and a brown clay substance for my eyebrows, I go to find something to wear.

I pull a black long sleeved tunic from the closet and some thick black leggings from the drawers. I also find some fuzzy socks and white boots to wear while shopping with Mor. I'd have to thank whoever put these clothes in here. How did they get my sizing right?

I also find some gold ear jewelry in the jewelry box on top of the dresser. I put in the small hoops, admiring how they look in my ear that is now pointed at the tip instead of rounded.

After I'm dressed, I decide to explore the House. No one has come to find me yet so I assume I can do whatever I please. I also have the thought that I might run into Azriel. Not that I was thinking about him or anything. I just had enjoyed our conversation last night. That's all.

I saunter into the hallway, heading down the same way Feyre had led me the night before. I go up the stairs, walking past the dining room doors and past the balcony I had talked to Azriel on.

I smile as I recall our conversation from last night. His shadows like me as they did Gwyn in the last book in the series. Except, Azriel had said that they had never done that before. So, where was Gwyn? 

It was still pretty early in the morning, the sun just now coming over the mountain's horizon. So I decide to head to the House roof. They would all still be training up there now so I can watch them in action. Maybe even join them tomorrow.

I find the stairs leading to the roof and start up them, keeping my hand on the stone wall for balance. Out of breath and legs a little shaky, I finally round the last corner and step out onto the roof.

I was right. To the left, Nesta, Emerie, and Gwyn stands with Cassian as he lists off the exercises they have to do. Gwyn sees me appear in the doorway and turns to Nesta, whispering to her as Nesta looks my way as well.

Nesta is the one to come over to me, "Would you like to join us?" She says, surprising me with how kind her voice sounds. To be honest, I'm a little nervous to actually talk to the people here, being that I was so used to watching their lives from a far that now I don't know how to act when actually apart of them.