Chapter Four

Authors Note: HEY GUYS thank you so much for reading! Just wanted to say that I changed all the chapters to first person and will be writing in first person from now on. I think I can give Winnie more of a personality in first person and it's more smooth in FP! That's it thanks for reading!

- Faith xx

——————————————-

Shopping with Mor had gone better then I expected. I found quit a few pieces of clothing I liked and, after reluctantly agreeing to pay them back, had charged the fees to Rhys and Feyre's bank account. Not that they needed to be reimbursed, but it would make me feel better.

That night, all of the Inner Circle, including Nesta, Gwyn and Emerie, met up at Rita's for dinner and dancing. I was ecstatic as I followed Mor into the nightclub, my eyes darting to every little detail.

We made their way to a booth in the corner of the room, telling the waitress our drink orders and what finger foods we wanted. As we sat and made small talk, Feyre mentioned how Elain was not here yet and I could only feel relief that Elain was not present, although my ease was short lasting as I realized that Azriel was not present, either.

A sharp twisting sensation started in the pit of my stomach, making me nauseous. There is no reason I should be jealous what so ever. Azriel and I had barely even talked. He didn't even know me. He was free to do whatever, or whoever he wanted.

But that did not help the growing need in me to break down on the floor and cry for the rest of the night. All over the thought of Azriel and Elain being together right now. Gods what was this male doing to me.

I shake my head, emptying all thoughts of the Shadowsinger from my mind. I was going to enjoy this night. I was not about to let some guy, no matter how hot he was, ruin this time.

After the drinks had come Feyre and Rhys were the first to disperse onto the dance floor. They stood in the middle of the crowded area, holding each other close and swaying to the slow music. I watched for a second before pulling my eyes away. The moment felt too personal for me to watch.

Cassian and Nesta left the booth after the slow song morphed into the erotic music that had everyone grinding on their partners and I snorted at the sight of Cassian's eyes popping out of his head as Nesta started to grind on him.

Mor and Emerie decided then to go to the bar for another drink, leaving only Gwyn and I at the booth. We sat in silence for a bit, people watching as we sipped on our drinks.

I start to feel more and more nervous around Gwyn as we sit there, my leg bouncing up and down underneath the table. I feel stupid for it, but the possibility of Gwyn being interested in Azriel intimidated me for some reason.

I have been trying to tell myself that I was stupid for obsessing over a male that had only talked to me once and had only known for 48 hours. But if I'm was completely honest with myself, I've  known Azriel for years.

Granted, Azriel has minimal dialogue in the book series, but I've always loved him the most out of all the characters. Had screamed out loud when he spoke and grinned at his subtle remarks or body language.

I've loved him since I read Mist and Fury. And then when I found out about his kinks in the bedroom...

You sound like a psychopath.

I shake my head, reminding myself that I was not going to think of Azriel tonight. I turn to Gwyn, smiling and hoping I don't fuck this up.

"Hi, I'm Winnie." Okay, not too bad but a little awkward.

Gwyn looks up at the sound of me talking to her, "I'm Gwyn." Her smile is so kind and pretty that the stiff muscles in my body loosen a bit as I smile back at her.