The Bloodied Girl

*Hey guys, sory it took so long, had major writers block and I've been really busy at school.

Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Thank Steph for the editing*

                                                                               ~2 years later~

                                                                                  (To the day)

After my first encounter with the dead, I've decided it’s not as bad as it seems but it’s not entirely good. How would you feel if you randomly saw people covered in blood screaming for dear life, people missing limbs and people who are just plain scary. After the first they came more frequently, each with their own story and perspective on my gift.

I learned not to speak of my gift in the earlier stages of it, being sent to an asylum was not on my bucket list. After learning not to speak of it I then had to learn how to block it out when in places like school, the shops and church. Even in the asylum Carrie was there for me, like a best friend should. She did not think I was crazy, even though I knew she couldn’t see them, she stood by me. With the help of Carrie I was out of the asylum in just over six months. Since then she has been more of an older sister than a best friend, even though I was known as the loon bag around town, she still stuck by me and helped me through it.

 Most of the encounters I have are like replaying the last horrifying moments before the deaths of the people I see. Most of the time they scream, cry and plead for me to help them, but because they are already dead I can do nothing but sit and watch in terror as I see either their death replaying, or they scream until they fade away. Even though this has been happening for 2 years now I cannot, nor will I ever, be used to watching people die in front of my eyes.

The park in town was surprisingly quiet today; the only sounds were the swings in the old, abandoned-looking park that swung forwards and backwards in the gentle, almost non-existent, breeze, squeaking as they moved.  Carrie and I were the only two people in the town square, it wasn’t normally this deserted, but then again, we did live in a small town and most everyone was afraid of their own shadow. It felt like living in a town of hermits. I don’t like going into town for more than half an hour and, usually, I didn’t; normally I only came here to do the shopping for my mum as quickly as I can before getting home just as fast; never have I been in town for my own reasons. The main reason I stay away from the town as much as I can is because there was a massacre about 50 years ago, to this day exactly, and I hated taking the chance that I’ll see all, if not some of, the victims from the massacre if I turn my head or walk around a corner. There is a service happening later today, that was the reason I was here now, Carrie had talked me into coming out here to try and see if I can talk to them; she was one of those people who always looked on the bright side, and she wanted me try and help them ‘move on’ if I can. I tried telling her that I have never talked to them before and I didn’t even think that I could, but being Carrie she didn’t listen and just kept talking about how cool it would be talk to fifty year old ghosts. I was glad there was no one around, I didn’t like using the ‘G’ word in case it scared people off and made them think of me as even more of a freak.

The chiming of the clock tower as it struck the hour, snapped me out of my thoughts, it was 4 in the afternoon and the service was about to start; sooner than I would’ve liked it to.

“Carrie I need to go home, this isn’t right, I can’t be here” I pleaded, my eyes darted around, half watching for anyone appearing from their hovel-like houses, half watching out in case a blood soaked, clothing tattered ghost appeared and came towards me. Carrie kept rambling about if there were any guys from school going, I had a feeling that she distinctly meant James from out English class; she knew I knew that she had a huge crush on him and had had it for a while; but we both also knew that she wouldn’t make a move before he did.