Chapter 16- S2/E10 The Sacrifice Part 1

Recap~
Katherine and Elena talked, and Damon didn't do much. Maddison is still the smartest. Stefan is clueless about everything. Elijah is still hot. Maddison and Klaus talked.

Back to our regularly scheduled (not so regularly updated) program.
Maddison's Pov.
It's been a few days since I spoke with Elijah or Nik. We haven't talked since the phone call, I guess he's busy. I had been to see Kat a few times. I gave her blood and she gave me the Moonstone. Fair trade she had joked. She gets the protection and comfort and knows I'll get her out once it's safe. I get the Moonstone and can start on the next part of the plan. I gave her a fake so when the others do eventually come for it she can pretend to have it. Everything is coming up Maddison, so that means something is gonna go wrong. Unless my soulmates ignoring me is the something going wrong.

Elena had dragged me out of my bed and down the stairs. Still, in my pajamas and half asleep, I lay my head on the kitchen counter. Right as Elena goes to lecture me for being in bed so much as of late, the doorbell rings. She sighs giving me a pointed look to stay where I am as if I have the energy to go back up the steps. She comes back with Stefan and Damon, the latter of the two coming up behind me to wrap his arms around my shoulders. I happily welcome the embrace, enjoying the warmth.

They talk about Katherine and the Moonstone and blah, blah, blah... I don't really care right now. With being separated from Elijah for a few days I'm feeling unmotivated and drowsy. "According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break," Stefan says catching my attention. "No spell, no Doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo you live," Damon added squeezing me a bit. "How do you destroy it?" 'you don't' I thought to myself. "By releasing it from the Moonstone," Stefan answered. 'Whoever Slater got his information from is screwing with him'

"How do you know it's even going to work?" Damon unwraps himself from me, ignoring my small whine at the loss of warmth. "Because we have a crafty witch on our side." She looks at me asking if I agreed to this. I shake my head no, knowing what she wanted and not wanting to outwardly go against it and disrespect her choices like the others. Everyone always tries to change her mind and when she doesn't they just go against what she decides. "You discussed this with Bonnie," Elena sighed. "She agreed to do anything she could to help us."

"Katherine has the Moonstone, she's not going to give it to you," Elena reasoned. "We're gonna get it from her," Stefan 'explained'. I swear he gets on my nerves sometimes. Never really has a plan but expects those around him to go with it and is so broody about everything. "Well what he means to say is that we will pry it from her cold dead hand if we have to," Damon added sharply. "Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the Moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it."

"Uhm question...? Why didn't anyone think to send in the witch that has magic to protect herself and can't possibly get stuck in the magic cave thing?" I interjected sick of them overcomplicating things. "Wow, I mean it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out." Of course, what I said goes unnoticed because that's too easy. The savior complex and self-loathing brothers have to save the day. "Yep, we're awesome," point proven.

"Except for one thing," Elena sighed, "I don't want you to do it," she finished. Damon and Stefan look at each other before hero hair speaks. "What are you talking about, Elena we don't have a choice," he squints at her. "What about Klaus?" "We'll find him."

Good luck, I can't even get a hold of that bitch. "But after we get the Moonstone," Stefan finishes. "Is that before or after he kills everyone that I care about, which includes my brother and sister, and the two of you?" She huffs angrily. "Elena if we can de-spell the Moonstone, we can save your life." Elena lowers her head clearly upset "I know. Everybody keeps saying that."

Elena stands and then walks off, Damon and Stefan turn to me looking for help. "You two are idiots, I mean seriously it shocks me that you two have survived for over a hundred years. She already suffers from survivor's guilt after the accident and now you asking her to risk everyone she loves just so she can live. Imagine the pain and torture that it would be if Klaus took revenge and she was left to live with knowing that if she hadn't saved herself then the people she cares about would still be alive. You're basically asking her to become the person you two hate. Katherine."

Once I've said my peace I stand going upstairs after Elena. I knock on her door "If you're Stefan or Damon then leave," she sounds as if she's about to cry. "Good thing I'm not hero hair or blue eyes then," I say as I walk in and sit on her bed. She turns to face me, patting the spot next to her telling me to lay with her. I lay facing her before reaching up to brush her hair out of her face. "Lena whatever happens it's not your fault. You didn't ask for any of this. You aren't the one hurting those around you. Remember that. As long as you have my back, I'll have yours, and Jeremy will too. Forever." "Always," she echos back. (I will explain the background to this later but no I didn't get it mixed up)

After a bit, we get up "Go get dressed, we're going somewhere," she tells me.