Chapter 9- S2/E8 Rose part 5

Elijah's Pov.

"What things do you like to do?" She nuzzled into my chest before answering. "Hmm, well I dance a lot and then there's my habit of doodling." I give a small hum, "May I see something you have drawn?" She nods before somewhat reluctantly getting up and going to the dresser near the bed. She grabs a sketchbook, opening it about halfway. She turns back to me and makes her way back over. "This is one of you, it's of today but I drew it a few weeks ago." I clear my throat storing this information for a later talk.

I look up at her "May I see another?" She nods, taking the sketchbook and flipping to another page. She stops a quarterway through and smiles before handing it back to me. It's Maddison, Niklaus, and myself. Niklaus and Maddison are sharing a kiss and I am standing behind Maddison, my hands on her shoulders and a smile on my face. "Elijah," I look up at her to see a look of concern on her face. "Yes, my dear?" She furrows her eyebrows and purses her lips. "Are you okay? You seem upset."

I give her a smile, "Yes, darling I'm alright." It seems she doesn't believe me but lets it go for now. "This is one of my brothers, Niklaus." She nods and puts the sketchbook back in its place before coming back to me.

"Elskan, may I see my mark?" She smiles and turns her back to me before pulling her shirt off. "It's right there," she points to her right shoulder. It's a book, it's perfect. "May I?" I gesture to her shoulder, she gives a small nod. I reach up and run my fingers along the dark lines. My mark, just like my heart, absolutely belongs to her. She is my perfection, my one, and I intend to love her as such.

"I will never leave your side, you have my word," I am giving her my heart with that vow and I can only hope she will love me. "Nor will I leave yours, I swear it, Elijah." I press a chaste kiss over my mark. "Will you show me mine?"

I wrap my left arm around her waist and hold up my right hand, palm up. I close my eyes, enjoying being this close. I feel her smaller hands grab my wrist, then her own small chaste kiss upon the mark. "I'm not sure why it is the element symbols but it is still perfect." She lays her head on my shoulder, "I know why." She sounds a bit nervous.

"Hmm, mind sharing Elskan?" What could it be? Does she love nature? "C'mon" Her smile is enticing, I take her outstreched hand. She pulls me out of her room, down the stairs, and out the door. "Maddison, you are not wearing shoes nor do you have a jacket on." She giggles, "I'll be fine, now keep up." She runs into the woods, "My dear, I hope you do not come out here on your own," she turns back to look at me. "Why?"

"Because it is not safe darling," she raises a brow before turning back. "I am the most dangerous thing out here, trust me." She stops by a waterfall and smiles, innocently, at me. "Would you like to play a game...?" I study her for a moment, "Yes."

She gives a sly smile, oh what have I done? "Wonderful," She jumps over the cliff, into the rushing water. I dive in after her, terrified that she's hurt herself. I rise to the surface and she's there, grinning. "Why?"

"Because of this," as she finishes speaking she throws her hand out and... I am splashed in the face, great... "What is going on Elskan?"  She rises from the water, pushing her hair out of her face and wiping her eyes before speaking. "I have control over the elements," and for what I can only assume is a form of proof she raises her hand, and a soft wind blows.

Le Timeskip brought to you by Jeremy Gilbert cosplaying as Pocahontas

After getting out of the water we lay down in a small clearing to look at the stars. "Elijah?" I looked down at her, she was lying on my shoulder, "Yes, Elskan?" She moves to look at me, laying her hand on my chest, then rests her chin on top. "Will you tell me about Niklaus?" She looks nervous as if I will pull away. "On one condition," she raises a brow. "We go back inside," She stands before responding "You can borrow something to wear, it won't be a suit but I'm sure it will fit." I stand and grab her hand, and we begin the walk back.

"Why would you have clothes that would fit me? I'm much bigger than you." I doubt she owns anything I could wear, though I am curious. "Well Damon spends the night sometimes, and Alaric is basically my dad and I borrow his shirts sometimes." It would allow me to spend more time with her. "Alright, we can try."

We continued back to her home, and when we reached her bedroom she grabbed two towels. "Dry your hair while I go get changed then we'll find you something."

She turns and goes back into the bathroom. After drying my hair, while waiting for Maddison, I went over to her dresser looking at the pictures in the frames and on the wall. There was a boy with brown hair similar to Maddison's that I assume is her twin. There was a blonde girl in many of the pictures, one was of the blonde and a small Maddison standing together with matching shirts on. Maddison's shirt read 'Team Caroline Forbes!' and the blonde's 'Team Maddison Grace!'. I turn as I hear the door.

"Hey whatcha lookin' at?" I smile and point to her photos. She smiles and rummages in the bottom drawer of her dresser and pulls out sweatpants and a forest green t-shirt. "Thank you, Darling." I go into the bathroom and change, before being dragged to the bed and telling me to lie down. I lay on the bed as she plugged in her phone and turned off the lamp. The fairy lights illuminate just enough to see and make the room feel warm. She climbs under the covers and lays her head on my shoulder. "Tell me about Niklaus please," I smile and kiss her forehead. "Alright Elskan," I start telling her stories, only the good for now. Soon I will tell her more but for now I will protect Maddison and call my brother.