Chapter 30

Bonnie's POV:

I'm back on a similar plane that brought me to Italy, this time with two powerful guards and a queen alongside me. I didn't really want to be away from Marky but some things a inevitable and I've got to get stronger on my own. The plane ride was a little boring but nothing a little talking and joking couldn't fix.

When we got to the Forks airport it's just how I remembered it, it was overcast looking as if it was about to rain again, the streets were pretty empty and familiar faces from people from school fill her vision. Guess everyone is moving away now huh. Everyone puts up their hoods so I copy them and speed after them when the start racing through the forest.

When we got to mom and Da's place the area smelled like lots of vampires and something burning.
I count heads to check that everyone is here and safe. Two extra heads? One of them was human whilst the other smelt like me, a new born. I look over at a young girl similar height to me but younger from the looks of things and absolutely terrified. She didn't want to be a vampire or be in the war. I tug on Jane's robe and whisper in her ear, she looks at me then nods and sighs. I'm just irresistible!

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact." She says after everyone removes their hoods. "We were lucky." Da replies keeping up a tough front. "I doubt that." Jane says calmly. Her brother Alec joins in a moment later, "it appears we missed an entertaining fight." "Yes. It's not often we're rendered unnecessary." My eyes lock onto Eddy as he starts speaking. I was beyond furious just looking at him, after everything my sister has done and he has seen what she has done to me first hand, he chose to...date?! Her? Literally anyone would have been better! He glares at me, "if you'd arrived a half hour ago, you would have fulfilled your purpose."

Jane steps in front of me protectively and Sulpicia grabs my hand just to be safe. "Pity." Jane growls warningly. "You missed one." She hums, I roll my eyes. She's really joking at a time like this? "We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender." "That wasn't yours to offer." As soon as that sentence leaves Jane's mouth everyone tenses up and the new born began panicking. I huff at Jane, "You could of worded that better you know?" Jane gives me a small smile and turns back to my family. "It is ours to offer and although we don't offer asylum often in situations like this our queen has made an exception. The new born shall join us the Volterra and become apart of the guard, what she does afterwards no longer concerns you."

Whilst Jane speaks I let go of the other queen's hand and beckon the younger girl over. "Don't worry. You're safe with us, our coven in Italy is big so it's super safe and you won't have to worry about going hungry. I do understand if you want to stay with mom and Da though." The girl shakes her heads softly, "I-I'll g-go with you to Italy." I give the girl my robe and guide her over to my new coven. "New coven? These things are monsters! They kill people for fun." Eddy yells at me, he must've been in my head again. I scowl, "you know nothing of what the Volturi are like. We are a family there. Sure an odd family but a family just like us. I may have let Forks but you are all still my family!" Eddy looks at me with contempt, "you are not my family and you are no sister of mine!" He lunges at me only to be thrown off by Jazzy.

Jazzy picks me up and fusses me, making sure I am uninjured before glaring at Eddy. "What is wrong with you? Just over a month ago you would've died for Bonnie now you love talking shit about her!" It hurt to hear but from the looks of things it's true. I speed out of Jazzy's arms and through the forest, I just need a minute to think about things. Someone who I loved like a brother now hates me and loves my sister who has tried to kill me multiple times and thinks I'm a monster...

Without realising I cross the treaty line and rush through the forest and into a tree, high enough away so I won't be found unless you look for me.

The forest floor is suddenly filled with activity, twigs snapping and low growls echo around me. Suddenly a group of huge wolves start running this way and try jumping at me. I whimper, "stop it...STOP!" The wolves stop and the big black one looks at me funny. All the other wolves back down and scamper away whilst that one stays as if calling me down. It may get me killed but they look friendly. I climb down the tree and stand in front of the huge wolf. "Can I pet you?" I ask softly, the wolf nods in return. I let out a small squeal of excitement before burying my face into their fluffy neck. "Thanks for not hurting me." The wolf grunts and nudges me away from it before walking behind a tree, something weird happens behind the tree cause a wolf doesn't return but rather a fully clothed man. "Sam?!" He nods and I throw myself at a familiar face, although I don't know him well he's alright.

"So you're a blood sucker now?" He says trying to joke, I nod. "Mhm. My mate was a vampire king and I was living in a place with lots of vampires so it was safer for me to become a vampire than stay as human plus I was struggling to keep down solid human food near to the end...so yeah. A lot happened in the three weeks I haven't been here." Sam huffs and sits down on a fallen tree, "I'll say...Wanna know something cool?" I nod and he whispers in my ear, "jake is a shifter too you know." Shifter? "Wait...wait! Become a wolf like you?" Sam nods and I let out another small excitable squeal.

"Can I see him before I go?" Sam looks at me wide eyed for a moment before standing up and walking in what I think is the direction of the Rez. Soon we're at a place I think Sam called the 'pack house' and there's a super strong smell of wet dog. "Cover your ears for me." I nod at Sam's request. It didn't do much but it's still better than hearing him yell right next to me with enhanced hearing. "What do you want?" Jake groans as he walks in. We stare at each other for a second. His hair? A tattoo? Shirtless? Wolf? I squeak out a small "hi.." before he snaps out of it and brings me into a big warm hug that smelt of wet dog. "I missed you Bonnie...wait why do you? She's one of them!" He practically threw me off of him, thankfully Sam caught me. "From what she's told me vampires have 'mates' which are very similar to our imprints so I can imagine her changing and living with him was important." I nod, "I can become invisible!" I chime in. The boys look at me weird, "I can't do it on command right now though...it happened when I got scared once though which then made me panic more when no one could see me but thenicalmeddownandeveryoencouldseemeagainandeverythingwasfineafterthat-" "Jesus slow down!" I blink a few times. "..." "..." "That's everything that I wanna share! SHOOT! I ran away, I'm supposed to be with Jane and Alec cause their meant to protect me and another queen called Sulpicia who is super nice is also there and oh my god I bet they're all worried about me! I need to go back."

Jake rolled his eyes and walked outside, he reentered the house with a helmet and tossed it towards me. "Well come on then!" I hug Sam goodbye and race after Jake as he started up his motorcycle. This is gonna be fun to explain...

A/n: Braincells. None. Regrets. None. Sleeping schedule. Non-existent.
I am alive, just been procrastinating a bit and dealing with family drama. Turns out I'm the tallest person on my dads side of the family- there was like 10 of them and I was taller than every single person! Like damn!
Also came up with another two or three book ideas that'll probably never see the sun again.

Anyways, have an awesome Christmas! See you in the next chapter when I resurface from a food coma.

Word count: 1495