23 | i'm no lady, i'm a duck!

"obviously rainbow dash is better than twilight, i mean, she's just cooler-" liv was easedropping in on averman and connie's unreasonable banter, connie getting cut off by a sudden, yet recognizable, voice.

"banks?!" they all said in sync, seeing adam walk into the room. "coach!" the boy said cheerfully, "i woke up...and the pain was gone." he said, twisting his wrist back and forth as proof.

the locker room filled with cheers of happiness and claps of joy as olivia ran up to adam and hugged him. he chuckled at her excitement for him, "miss me?"

her face was digging into his shoulder, having to stand on her tip toes to even reach that far. only he could hear the faint 'mhm' mumbled out of her mouth.

"adam.." coach bombay started, his face upset. "adam i'm sorry but we already have a full roster."

first liv looked at coach bombay, then adam, then russ. the newest member of team usa started walking forward, taking his pads off before charlie stopped him.

"he can have my spot."

charlie conway started walking to the three of them, who were standing in the front of the room. "it's what i can do for the team. let me do it." he shared looks with the whole team.

adam grabbed his shoulder in a thankful manner, to which the brunette boy returned. "charlie, you'll be on the bench, coaching right there with me."

and once again, the team clapped and hollered while olivia hugged her twin brother, whispering a faint 'thank you' in his ear.

~

the thirteen of them skated onto the ice, huge grins on every single one of their faces as the crowd went absolutely insane.

"heads high, stand straight, usa.." coach bombay started, letting his kids finish the cheer. "ALL THE WAY!!" they yelled loudly, the audience going wild once again.

the first quarter just started, averman taking the face off and getting shoved quickly. guy was the second to take a tumble, pushed by the one and only sanderson.

dean was the next, then liv. she grunted in pain as fulton reached his hand out for help. she grabbed it and got pulled off the icy ground, brushing herself off and continuing to play.

stahl got the puck, swiftly shooting for team usa's net but goldberg saved it. the right side of the stadium roared with glee, gaining a little bit of hope back.

however, that feeling didn't last long because iceland made a point very shortly afterwards. liv glanced over her shoulder at some sudden commotion, seeing kenny and dwayne trying to keep goldberg from going ham on sanderson.

"line change!" the team heard bombay call, liv letting out a relieved sigh at the small break that she now got to have. as she hopped over and into the box, she sat next to adam, who gave her a worried look. "hey, you okay?"

"yea, i'm fine." she nodded, "they're just rough." she sighed, flopping onto his lap. he let out a smile and small breath at her.

they watched russ get cornered by olaf and gunnar, making him fall to the ice before they skated away like nothing happened. olivia shot up in anger, screaming at the ref and two teenage boys.

tyler got up and shook it off though, and connie passed him the puck for him to do his signature move.

"it's nucklepuck time!" the boy exclaimed, only for the puck to be soon snatched out from infront of him and made a point. russ threw his arms down, "man!"

"we can't make it. iceland's bigger, stronger, their faster- they- they have more facial hair." the ginger headed boy doubted his team.

liv looked up at him, giggling a bit. she couldn't even be mad that about averman's annoying jibber jabber, as she was to focused on other things.