18 | iceland vikings

"tonight's game matches the secondseated team, usa against the tenthseated team, trinidad tobago." the announcer spoke again. "this marks the first game for team usa in this double elimination, winner take all tournament. gordon bombay looks to have his team well in control here. they lead, six to nothing."

liv passed it to dwayne, dwayne passing it to dean and yet another score. sirens wail, whistles blow, and people shout. liv and the players on the ice went to congratulate dean as the teammates in the box highfived and hugged.

liv skated over to fistbump guy who was in the box, "yeah, highfive some more. man, my little brother could score on these guys!" they heard a voice in the stands.

both of their heads snapped towards the speaker, "why don't you go bother him then?!"

"haha! i ain't even got a lil brother!"

"clearly you don't have good grammar either" liv exclaimed back before coach bombay shouted at her.
"hey, olivia! quit yabbin' and get on the ice." he patted her helmet, "show me you want it, liv!"

as she skated out there, she heard the boy mocking coach bombay, "yeah, show us you want it, liv!" he clapped teasingly. coach bombay turned around to face him, arms crossed and eyes narrow. he winced, "dang!" before jogging away.

jesse had the puck, skating full speed towards the goal. he was so close when a trinidad player got infront of him and stole the puck, also making him fall into the goal. jesse stood up, "what's your problem, man?!" he shouted, shoving the player.

"jesse, forget about it, let's go!" coach bombay tried to tell him, but it was to late. "#9 jesse hall, to the penalty box."

liv skated into the box, sitting down inbetween fulton and luis, as she saw dean and fulton do some sort of handshake they made up, then putting their headbands and helmets on.

"y'all are about to burn this place down, aren't you?" liv asked with a smirk. they looked at each other then looked at her while nodding.

she grabbed her helmet off the top of her head and pulled it down, "only if i can come."

"let's have some fun conway and portman!!"

"yea, boys, let's do it!!"

they hollered and hooted, shoving trinidad players down in the process. the crowd went wild, or at least usa's side did.

almost every player was down, except two and the goalie. dean skated full speed towards the goal, passing it to fulton and yet another point for team usa.

the whole team huddled around for a group hug but when they skated away liv and her bash brothers bowed, waved, and shouted 'thank you' to the audience like they'd just won an oscar, and man did the crowd eat it up.

"hey, hey look!! it's the bash brothers!! and they're little bash sister!!" tibbles told some enforcers who weren't super impressed by the three. they did one last final bow all together before skating back to the box to get water.

"hey, you gotta girl in the stands?" charlie asked adam when he saw he was staring into the crowd. "no," adam looked at him before glancing at liv when hearing the thought of 'his girl', although they weren't even aware of their feelings. "it's the scouts man, look at them."

"don't worry 'bout scouts, adam. just play your best." charlie told him, "you're one of our star players. i'm proud of you, and i know liv is to."

fourth quarter, and connie had the puck. she skated around a fallen trinidad player and passed it to ken. he ducked under a player who was coming for him, going between the legs. he skated behind the goal and another point for team usa before the game came to an end.

trinidad         usa
2                        9

the team huddled up after the play, "that wasn't a game, that was a statement!!" coach bombay encouraged before they put their hands in, shouted and skated off the ice.

~

"ladies and gentlemen, team usa hockey!" tibbles introduced them, "and the man chosen to lead them to the gold, gordon bombay."

all of the sudden, a huge polar bear came running to the ducks while posing. liv started smiling and waving with both of her hands at the cameras flashing and people speaking.

a blonde woman spoke after the hendrix mascot went away, "team usa, how does it feel competing on such an international level, here in los angeles?"

"it feels great!"

"love it!"

then a woman with short, curly brown hair stood up, "coach bombay, the iceland vikings are the heavy favorite. their coach has already guaranteed victory. how are you going to handle that?"

coach bombay paused, "hard work. i think my team is ready to go up against the best in the world. we're not worried about 'em. iceland may be tough, but uh- we're team usa and we're going all the way!"

the ducks smiled and clapped at coach bombay speech, along with the interviewers. "your going down." a deep voice from the audience said. their heads whipped to the noise, "that's where your going." a man was grinning, making connie, dwayne, and liv share confused looks.

"see you on the ice, bombay!" the man shouted with a smirk before leaving with his team. "that's stansonn. coach of the iceland team." tibbles informed.

"stanson from the nhl?? wolff, the dentist, stansonn is coaching? you didn't tell me that." coach bombay questioned before walking away with tibbles.

liv and adam walked down to ken, charlie and julie. "that guy's a dentist?" liv questioned.

"that's his nickname. he played for one year, pro. knocked out more teeth than goals. even punched out his own coach!" charlie explained.

"i heard they ran him out of the league and the country." julie told us. liv shot adam a worried glance as they started following the rest of the team back to the dorms.

"that's his team?! those guys are huge!" ken exclaimed, "we're gonna get crushed."

<3.