▪{11}▪

Why? Why now? Why when everything was finally falling into place?

My mind pondered as I stayed huddled against my bedroom door, hugging my knees to my chest.

Mitsuya's attempts at comforting words was only white noise to my ears.

A fresh wave of tears runs down my face as the memory of two weeks ago.

•••••••
"MAMA! MOM!" I yelled through the noisy hospital halls as I sprinted to the room number the front desk gave me. My brother following close behind.

I got stares and a couple glares from nurses but I didn't care. The only thing I cared about was hoping, PRAYING that Officer Alex had it wrong. Or even that he was even lying. Anything was better than the horrid truth.

I reached the door shortly and I swing it open. And I was met with the truth.

There, my mom lied on a hospital bed unconscious. Many machines and tubes hooked to her body as she lied there, motionless.

No. No no no no!

I thought as I ran over to her side and held her hand. My brother walking into the room right behind me. Fear visible on his features.

"Mom. Mom you gotta wake up." I say, lightly shaking her.

"Y/n..."

"Mom, wake-"

"Y/N!" Zachary yells.

I freeze from doing any further actions and look at my brother, who sat across from me with his head hung low. A black shade occupying the view of his eyes.

He shakes his head, "you'll disturb others. Besides, shaking her isn't gonna wake her up. It's only gonna tear out the tubes hooked to her." He says, monotonously.

Tears began to swell in my eyes. I take a shakey breath in and lay my forehead on hers.

"Please.....don't leave me."
•••••••

I vigorously wipe at my eyes, trying to stop the waterfalls falling from my face.

Stupid. Stupid stupid STUPID!

I bang my fist against the door out of frustration. There's silence.

"Y-Y/n?" Mitsuya says from the other side of the door.

I exhale a shakey breath, before hugging my knees tighter to my chest.

"I'm fine. I was just letting out a little frustration. I didn't mean to startle you." I say.

I hear shuffling and the sound of plastic being set down.

"The stuff you asked for is right outside your door. I'm just going downstairs to get you some tea." Mitsuya says, but he's standing, for his sounds slightly further than it did before.

"I don't want any tea Mi-"

"Apologies for making you believe that you had a choice. I'll be back in ten." Mitsuya says before walking away.

I sigh, knowing how stubborn and persistent Mitsuya is, I just accept that fact.

Even with my new situation, I still did my school work. I didn't actually go to the school, Mitsuya or Peh would just bring me whatever assignments I missed. And the amount of work I was handed each time was UNFORGIVABLE. But even so, I still did the work and turned it in on time. It kept my mind occupied and off Mom's situation.