▪{3}▪

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

It's 9:10pm and I'm here in State Park waiting for Mr. Mysterious to show up. I only came in a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. I clearly underestimated the weather tonight. Of course, I'm no dummy and I came with a dagger knife and some mase. I'm not repeating that experience again.

I've been waiting on a bench that's near the fountain in the middle of the park. I've been here for 10 minutes more than when he said to show up. I scoff to no one in particular and start doing nothings on my phone, trying to pass more time.

Tch, who the hell does he think is having me wait like this. It's frickin cold and I'm swear I'm just a minute away from catching-

"Hey stalker." I hear a voice say behind me.

I turn around pointing my knife. Then I see him. He's towering over me with a smug smirk on his face.

"Where the hell is my assignment?" I say, holding my hand out.

"No hey or hello? That's mean." He says jumping over the bench and sit down before handing me a piece of paper in my hand.

I put my knife to my side, I didn't put it away, its just on my side. I then unfold the paper and notice that it's my assignment, but it's only one paper.

"Where's the other one?" I ask, annoyed with his games.

He raises and eyebrow at me and chuckles, "Relax, I have it. I just wanna ask you a couple questions first."

He then looks around me where my knife is, looking at it sit comfortably at my side. He looks at me with a curious look on his face.

"Speaking of relaxing, you gonna stab me with that?" He asks.

"I don't know. Maybe." I say shrugging. "You brought me a mile away from my house just to receive my assignments. I don't know you like that, so I'm not taking any chances." I say.

"True, true." He says.

For several minutes everything is silent. No one says a word and we both stare at the few stars that found a way to peek through the lit up city.

"So what is it you wanted to ask me?" I finally say.

"Oh yeah. Why'd you run? Back at school in the hallway?" He asks.

My ears turn red from the first hand embarrassment. "Honestly I have no idea. My legs don't cooperate with my brain so anytime when I feel out of my element, I just run. It's all I know how to do." I say.

He nods with a little 'hm'. "So it wasn't because you were scared of me?" He asks.

"No, I'm not scared of you." I say. "A little intimidated yes, but scared? No." I say honestly.

He nods again.

"Why?" I ask looking at him.

He looks at me then turns away, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, the reasoning is a little embarrassing." He says, facing the fountain.

I continue looking at him.

"Okay fine." He says after side glancing me a few times. "I wanted to clear the air..." he looks at me making sure he still has my attention. He does. "Cuz my friends thought that you were my girlfriend that I 'abuse'." He finishes, putting the little bunny ear effect on the word abuse.

My eyes go wide, "HUH?!" I say way too loudly. The crows that were sleeping peacefully in the trees were now cawing and flying elsewhere. I slap a hand over my mouth and look down embarrassed.