Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen -

That night I slept at the beach house. Louis woke me early the next morning with soft kissed on my face "Wake up Caitey baby" He cooed, arousing me from my slumber. I blinked a few times before focusing on his face in front of me. "I made you breakfast" He pointed at the tray of cereal and two glasses of juice next to them. I smile and sat up, stretching my arms high above my head. I caught Louis's eyes drifting down to my chest. I looked down and noticed my lack of clothing. I quickly pulled the sheet up to cover myself and Louis sat next to me, passing me my bowl of cereal without milk.

"You're amazing Boo Bear" I grinned, kissing him on his cheek. He sat next to me only in his boxers

"Anything for my girl" He smiled back before taking a spoonful of cereal in his mouth. I glanced at the time on my cell phone

"Do you ride the Lollipop even when you don't work in the morning?" I asked, turning back to see him nodding his head

"I wouldn't trade it for the world" I shuddered thinking about it, Louis shook his head "I don't understand why you don't like roller coasters" He swirled his spoon around his bowl "I mean, Ferris wheels are romantic and all, but life is about living with adrenaline, taking every risk that's thrown your way" He looking deeply in his breakfast bowl. I stared up at the ceiling.

"I don't know, I'm more of a play it safe type of person" I tried to explain myself but Louis cut me off

"Then how did you end up spending your summer here?" He pointed out, muting my explanation. I bit my lip and looked at him.

"What's going to happen once I'm back in Canada for school?" I looked at him, my face glazed in concern. "It's proven point that I suck at this long distance relationship stuff" I half giggled, making Louis smile

"A relationship takes two people" He smiled warmly at me "If you trust me as much as I trust you then I know we can make it through everything" He shrugged "Just saying" He jumped out of bed and opened my suitcase, throwing me some clothes to put on.

"We're leaving in about twenty minutes" He leant over the bed and kissed my forehead before running into the shower. I finished up my dry cereal before changing into my clothes. I looked in the mirror and applied a small amount of mascara and a little bit of lip gloss. I brushed my hair, turning my curls into loose beach waves. I smiled at myself before picking up my purse and phone and making my way downstairs to see Louis and Niall at the door. I sat quietly on the back seat of Louis's mini and Niall and Louis chatted about the day they were expecting at the Lollipop. Louis parked in his usual spot. Niall jumped out the car and started walking, letting Louis and I have some private time as we strolled into the empty park.

"It's still creepy seeing the park this quiet" I glance around at the concession stands that we waking up around us. Louis gave me hand a tight squeeze

"It's like the calm before the storm" He commented, leading me up the steps to the Lollipop. Niall was already sat behind the control desk. "Ready?" Louis asked me as he stepped into the cart, still holding my hand

"Louis I don't ride roller coasters" I whispered, embarrassed to be put into this position with Niall watching

"Do you trust me?" Louis asked, his hold on my hand loosening slightly. I swallowed hard and let out a tight breath as I stepped into the front cart with him. He lowered the harness over my shoulders an checked that it was securely attached before placing his own over his shoulders. He grabbed my hand tightly as he gave the thumbs up to Niall to start the ride. I held my breath tightly as we started the ascend up the slope.

"Louis I'm scared" I yelled, squirming in my seat

"It's taking risks, you do them all the time" He looked at me reassuringly "Just like on us" He held my hand tightly as we were released onto the downward slope heading into the first loop-to-loop. That's when it hit me.

Life is like a theme park. It has the roller coasters that leave your head spinning, but it also has the Ferris wheel days where you need to take in the view. There are times when you eat too many sugary sweet things that you get sick, and others where you win at none of the games.

The idea is to have fun no matter the outcome.

Life is like a day at Thrill-Ville

The End