Prologue

"I see it all in my head...in burning red"

-T.S.

Ella

Growing up was easy for Ella Brannon. She was the youngest child of three, so she felt as though five people raised her.

Her siblings had the biggest influence on her. Styles, one of her brothers, essentially decided on her personal style since the day she was born. He was always begging their parents to let him dress Ella.

Cori brought out Ella's competitive side. He was only born eleven months before Ella, so it happened that they were in the same year at school. It seemed that Cori was better than Ella at almost EVERYTHING, she was determined to out-do him at some point.

Cassidy, her older sister by four years, inspired her greatly. Something about Cassidy's determination to figure out the cause of every sound, light, and movement she could see or hear really brought out Ella's more curious side.

Her parents were your typical parents. Always supportive, always loving, but strict when needed. Ella liked that.

The one person Ella truly looked up to in her family was her Aunt Kat, who has traveled the world all on her own, not relying on a single person for her happiness (except possibly Ella.)

Toby

Toby Williams did not have the easiest time growing up. His dad died when he was just five years old, and his mother has been widowed ever since.

Unfortunately, with the early passing of his dad, Toby doesn't have any siblings, despite his mother's dream of having two children.

His mother's personality rubbed off on him. Her temper, wit, and even talent were showcased immensely in Toby.

From a very young age, Toby loved to act, just like his mother. Unfortunately, her dreams never left the high school stage.

Toby wants to live his life to the fullest and achieve all his dreams, in honor of his father. He will do whatever it takes to get to the goal.

Ella + Toby

Ella and Toby met their freshman year of high school due to mutual friends. Ella's best friend, Lainey, had recently begun hanging out with a boy named Greg, who happened to be Toby's best friend.

The four of them instantly connected, and their friend group was formed.

About a year into their friendship, Lainey and Greg realized they had feelings for each other, but neither wanted to admit it. Greg confessed his feelings to Toby, while Lainey confessed hers to Ella. One way or another, the secret got out, and Greg finally asked Lainey out on a date.

Flash forward two more years, and the group is still as close as ever, along with a new member they met along the way, Maurie McTownin, a snarky ginger girl with a big personality.

Lainey and Greg's relationship grows stronger every day, at least as strong as a high school relationship can.

With graduation one short day away, the group cannot wait for their futures to begin...

Starring: