Lunch with Da Bois

After the meeting, I invited the two male heroes for lunch so we could get to know each other better and work out the details of our investigation. However...I just landed from the airport and took a taxi to the meeting because I was too jet lagged to fly. Ironic I know. Luckily, Midoriya was nice enough to offer me a ride to a little diner he recommended for lunch. Bakugo said he would meet us there instead of carpooling with us. Not as nice though, it went something more like this...

"Hey Kacchan, I'm going to give Sasaki a ride to the diner since she's unfamiliar with the area, and she's too jetlagged to fly, would you like one too?"

"I DON'T NEED A RIDE FROM YOU SHITTY DEKU!"

"Alright we'll meet you there then!" he smiled cheerfully.

"Tch, just hurry up...I wanna get a booth."

So far, all I can say is that they're sort of a strange duo. Midoriya is extremely nice and polite and seems to love being a hero. Bakugo seems like a passionate guy all around and really dedicated to his hero work, but they both have some kind of animosity towards each other that's been there a long time. You're probably wondering 'Sasaki how can you know all that when you only met them in the last chapter??' Well let me tell you, my friends, I am an excellent judge of character. I can read people like an open book, I don't know how, I just know I'm always right. My intuition has never failed me and it won't start today.

Midoriya and I walk into the diner, I was surprised to see it was an American-style diner with black and white tiles as well as red chairs and booths. It kinda looked like a Rally's that tried a little harder. Its whole concept made it feel like you just walked onto the set of Grease. And if you don't know what Grease is then you're too young for this book. There was even a jute box in the back. I'll definitely be paying that a visit later. I really appreciated the thought Midoriya put into bringing me here, though I've only been away from America less than a day, I was already missing it.

The waitress took us to our booth and I was amazed that she was even wearing little pink roller skates. The entire vibe of this diner gave me so much serotonin that I haven't stopped smiling since we walked in. A few moments after we were seated Bakugo walked in, he looked around for a second before he spotted us in the corner waving him over. He rolled his eyes, but before he could make his way to us the waitress who showed us to our table stopped him. They stood there for a moment talking and she laughed and caressed his arm. He didn't laugh or even crack a smile though, just a bored expression. The whole thing seemed pretty one-sided on the girl's end, I felt kinda bad for her. She seemed really nice and he wasn't even giving her a second look. I'll leave her a nice tip. Their short conversation came to an end and he made his way over to our table.

"You guys order yet?" He asks, his bored expression unchanged.

Midoriya shakes his head, "Not yet, we wanted to wait until you got here."

"Tch, well I know what I want so let's order and get this over with." He growled.

"Awe Kacchan~ don't you want to get to know your new co-worker?" I say flirtatiously batting my long lashes.

He turned his gaze towards me, his crimson eyes were like daggers boring into mine. I had struck a nerve...and I loved it. Surprisingly, as he was giving me the death glare, I notice just how attractive he is. His spiky ash blonde hair looked deceptively soft and was a nicely styled under-cut. He had changed out of his hero costume wearing a black button-up that showed off his muscles perfectly and boy were they *chefs kiss*. Actually, now that I'm getting a better look, Midoriya is really handsome as well, he was still in his hero costume since we came straight from the meeting, and man that thing hugged his muscles so tight I'm surprised it hasn't ripped to shreds. His dark green curls were bouncing with every slight movement of his head. He had the sides shaved but it was still long, giving him a trendy mullet look. Midoriya was such a large man, tall and broad, he had to be at least six feet because he towered over me as if I was a child.