Chapter 3: Orenda (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Well..." Winwin looked around before leaning close to the two. "At this point, I think he'll be ruling Eis."

Grace smirked, already knowing what Winwin was hinting at. "And you're alright with that?"

"Jihyung's basically my child now." Winwin shook his head, shoving his hands in his pockets. "With Xun living in the main castle, he always comes here, whining to Jingsi that he doesn't want to third wheel the two. On the inside though, I know he wants to see my daughter."

"Young love is cute though." Jungwoo said, pulling his wife closer to him. "Plus, they're not that young. When did you and Jingwen start dating again?"

The question made Winwin blush, the male turning red. This caused Grace and Jungwoo to laugh, entertained by Winwin's flustered state.

"Anyways." Winwin said, waving them aside. "You'll understand when you have a child. You two are lucky that Mark and Jisun suffered through those diapers days before you started taking care of Minsun. Those were the worst. Potty training was a nightmare, etiquette was a nightmare..."

Winwin's voice trailed off as he continued rambling about how hard it was to take care of children. Jungwoo looked down at Grace who was staring into the distance, as if she was thinking.

"What do you think?" Jungwoo asked, giving her a light squeeze.

Grace blinked, looking up at him. "About what?" 

"About having another child."

...

I mean if Haechan can do it, I could too, right? Grace though, watching as Haechan played with his son. Yichan was beginning to walk, holding each of Haechan's hands as he bent down, helping the child.

"Haechannie, maybe let Grace play with Yichan for a bit." Sona suggested, noticing how Grace was staring. "Let her get a feel."

"Oh no, it's fine." Grace said as Haechan looked up, glaring at her. "Haechan seems like he's having fun."

"Yichan loves his father too much to go to Grace, isn't that right?" Haechan said, snuggling his son. Yichan's laughs filled the room. "Sorry Grace, my son is too attached to his dad today."

Sona rolled her eyes, passing Grace the plate of cookies on the table. "Eat up. You'll need the energy. Dealing with children takes a toll on your body."

"I'm not pregnant though." Grace told her. "Why are you two acting like I'm about to have another child?"

"I mean with the way you two look at each other, I'm not surprised." Haechan muttered. "Minsun didn't come out of nowhere."

"Yah!"

"What? It's a fair point!" Haechan argued. "Come on Grace, look how cute Yichan is. Don't you want one yourself?"

"Children aren't toys, Haechan." Sona reminded him. "Don't worry Grace, if you and Jungwoo aren't ready then there's no need to push it."

"Well it's not like we haven't talked about it." Grace mumbled, capturing the couple's attention.

"Tell me more." Haechan said, pulling out a chair as he and Sona leaned over, eager to hear what Grace had to say.

Meanwhile, on the other side of Feu's castle, Jungwoo was sitting on a couch in Jaehyun's study. Jaehyun was now the head of Feu's military, serving as the General.

Although he was far from his wife, they were somehow having the same conversation with their friends. Jaehyun looked at Jungwoo curiously, wondering what his opinion on children was.

"I really don't think I can." Jungwoo admitted. "Grace is good with children but I'm... not that great."

"You'll learn." Jaehyun reassured him. "It takes time, trust me. I'm sure you'll make a great father though. Plus, give me some children to entertain me."

"Go get your ow-" Jungwoo stopped himself, remembering Jaehyun's situation. He cleared his throat, hoping that Jaehyun hadn't heard him. "I'll think about it."

If Jaehyun heard, he didn't show it, standing up. He patted Jungwoo's shoulder as he walked by.

"Give it some thought. I think you'll be more than fine though, don't worry."

...

Jungwoo couldn't help but smile as Grace pulled him into her bedroom, the one she had grown up in. Ombra was their last stop before returning to their home, the central castle.

Sungchan and Chaehee had kept the room intact, the maids occasionally cleaning it. Mark had strictly ordered it but it wasn't hard for them to keep, knowing how much the room meant to everyone.

"Remember this place?" Grace giggled, holding Jungwoo's hand. He spun her around, the two of them slowly dancing in the middle of it all.

"How could I forget all the nights spent here?" Jungwoo muffled into the crook of her neck before placing a delicate kiss on her skin. "So many memories."

"Jungwoo." Grace muttered as he gave her another kiss, trailing them along her chin. He stopped, pulling back for a second before kissing her on the lips, a hand cupping her face.

As he held her in his arms, Grace recalled all the memories she had in her bedroom, enough to tell her whole life story. From being an ill child to her last nights mourning Jungwoo's death, it had been quite a journey. Now, she was beginning a new life, one with her lover by her side and the rest of her family nearby.

"I love you." The words easily slipped out of Grace's mouth as she rested her head on Jungwoo's chest. She felt his heartbeat quicken, clearly not expecting it, his hand rubbing her back.

"I love you too." Jungwoo whispered back, kissing the top of her head. "What is your pretty head thinking about now?"

"Do you?" Grace asked quietly, scared of Jungwoo's answer. He naturally knew the rest of the question, stepping back and tilting her head up so she was looking into his eyes.

"If you are then I am too." Jungwoo answered, smiling. "But just so you know, I'm not that good with crying children."

Grace smiled back before tugging the collar of his shirt, pressing her lips against his.

———————————————————————————Should i upload my next book right away? I cant promise steady updates though :c

Should i upload my next book right away? I cant promise steady updates though :c