Chapter 2: Wedding Bells (part 2)

"Nervous?" Mark asked his sister as they made their way out of her preparation room

"Nervous?" Mark asked his sister as they made their way out of her preparation room. She was holding tightly to his arm, stepping carefully so she wouldn't trip over her dress.

"Should I be nervous?" Grace asked back, hoping to mask her inner emotions. "Were you nervous?"

"I was so nervous." Mark confessed. "I don't know why. I knew that Jisun loved me and I knew that she wouldn't run away but I was still worried."

"I trust Jungwoo." Grace told her brother. "I know that he'll do anything for me and that I mean a lot to him. Maybe that's why I'm not that nervous."

"Or you're just hiding it." Mark smirked, taking Grace aback. "I wouldn't have noticed if you weren't cutting my circulation."

Grace quickly loosened her grip, making her brother laugh. Mark only used his head to motion ahead of him, and when she heard chairs scraping as the guests stood up, she soon realized why. They had arrived.

There were so many guests, dressed in her finest clothes, yet her eyes were only on one person. She held her brother to steady herself, feeling like her heart had stopped beating.

Jungwoo's hair was no longer dark like when she had met him but rather a light silver. This contrasted his black suit perfectly, hair pushed back to reveal his forehead.

What got her though was the way he was looking at her, like she was the only person in the world. She knew that she was staring at him with the same look in her eyes, their shared moment feeling magical.

"Take care of her." Mark told Jungwoo as he passed Grace off to the male.

Jungwoo nodded his head, taking his eyes off Grace to respond. "I will. I'll treasure her with all my heart, you know that."

Mark chuckled, stepping away from the couple to give them a few seconds for themselves.

"You look stunning." Jungwoo whispered, taking her hand. "Beautiful. Gorgeous. I could go on forever."

"For the sake of this wedding, please don't." Grace replied, making them both laugh. "You look handsome though. I like it when you wear black."

"Maybe I'll wear it more often then." Jungwoo hummed, the two of them turning to the official.

While the official spoke, Grace thought about all the moments she had spent with Jungwoo. It felt like they had spent a lifetime together, yet when she thought about it, it really hadn't been that long.

Was this too soon? Grace couldn't help but wonder. Should we have waited longer?

Grace didn't realize how much time had passed until the official announced that it was time to exchange vows. Already?

She turned to face Jungwoo, the two of them holding each other's hands. She noticed that he was sweating, a drop dripping down his face.

Her worries immediately disappeared as she let go of one of his hands, reaching forward to wipe his sweat with a finger instead. "No need to be so nervous, love. I'm not going anywhere."