Chapter 2: Final Key (part 4)

"He's there, he has to be, right?" Hua heard Wooyoung ask Jungwoo

"He's there, he has to be, right?" Hua heard Wooyoung ask Jungwoo. The three of them were in the warehouse by the door, Jaehyun and Taeyong watched for monsters.

"I'm sure he is." Jungwoo replied, reassuring Wooyoung. "Your father isn't going to just disappear like that, I promise."

Hua wasn't as good with people as her father was, but she could sense when people were uncomfortable. She knew that Jungwoo didn't know Wooyoung like she did, and the poor male was being bombarded by questions from the worried child.

"Okay but is it supposed to take this long? I mean I know you took sixteen years but if the door is wide opened then-"

"Wooyoung." Hua said softly, placing a hand on the male's shoulder. "Do you want to go downstairs and see how the others are doing?"

Jungwoo looked relieved as Hua guided Wooyoung away, the male able to take his place again. Hua focused on the upset male beside her, who was mumbling to himself as he walked alongside her.

"They know what they're doing, don't worry." Hua said, giving Wooyoung a small smile, in hopes of reassuring him. "I'm sure your father will be back soon."

"It's been a few hours, shouldn't he be back by now?" Wooyoung asked, his eyes beginning to water. "I just don't know if my mother can last waiting for him, what if he doesn't show up today?"

"Woooyoung." Hua didn't know what to do to help comfort the male, who looked like his life was about to fall apart. It was abnormal to see him like this as Wooyoung was the energizer of the group. He was bright and happy, a smile always on his face.

"Huh?" From the look on Wooyoung's face, he must have noticed that his blabbering was worrying her. "I'm sorry Hua, I've never experienced something like this before."

"It's fine, I get that you're worried and upset, it's only normal." Hua said, reaching out and taking his hand. She could feel her cheeks heating up, looking down at Wooyoung's hand that was between hers.

Hua's heart rate began to quicken, the girl quickly taking deep breaths to try to calm herself down. Ah, why are you acting like this? You've known him since you were a baby, he probably only sees you as a sister.

Luckily, it seemed like Wooyoung was too preoccupied with his father's current condition, a sigh leaving his lips. "You know, I'm glad that you're here, Hua. I'm pretty sure that I would have driven the adults mad if you weren't here to help calm me down."

Hua bit her lip before looking up. Wooyoung was staring at her with a small smile on his face, and that's when she realized that she was still holding his hand.

She immediately let go, making a chuckle escape Wooyoung's lips. Wooyoung's head was thrown back as he laughed, entertained by Hua's flustered state.

"Yah, it's not that funny." Hua mumbled, giving Wooyoung a light shove. He was still laughing though, his giggles echoing through the warehouse.

The two of them were so focused on the noise that Wooyoung was making that they didn't notice the person who had quietly joined them, a wide grin on his face. It wasn't until he cleared his throat that Hua and Wooyoung's eyes widened in horror, heads whipping in the direction of the noise.