Chapter 3: Orenda (part 2)

Dealain was bustling like always, the neon lights making the night seem like day

Dealain was bustling like always, the neon lights making the night seem like day. Lina had finished giving Grace and Jungwoo an update on those that were banished. Now, Jungwoo was playing games with Chenle and Jiyeong on the couch while Renjun, Lina, and Grace spoke at the table.

"So how's married life?" Lina asked, a smirk on her face. "You like it?"

"I love it." Grace giggled, beginning to feel giddy. "Honestly, nothing much has changed but it feels different."

"What about kids?" Renjun asked, drumming his fingers on the table. "Have you thought about that?"

"Hey, did you forget about Minsun?" Lina gave Renjun a light nudge.

"No, I mean I'm sure Minsun's a great daughter and all but you didn't raise her. Having a child that you raise is different though."

"I'm honestly thankful for Mark and Jisun. Minsun is lovely and it's all because of their hard work. I can't imagine what it would be like to raise your own child." Grace told the two.

"Well there's only one way to find out." Lina smirked, the three of them eyeing Jungwoo.

...

"Jingsi! Jihyung!" Winwin sighed as the two children ran off into the forest, too eager for their training. Jungwoo and Grace couldn't help but laugh, entertained by his frustration.

"Kids will be kids." Jungwoo said, patting Winwin's back. Winwin shook his head, hands on his hips.

"Jingwen's better at controlling them. They know I'm soft and they take advantage of it." Winwin said, guiding the two down the snowy path.

The two were now in Eis, the realm of ice. Despite coming often as a child, Grace still wasn't used to the cold, shivering. Jungwoo held her tight by his side though, the two of them sharing warmth.

Winwin, the King of Eis, seemed to have adjusted after spending years here. Today was his day to work with the two children in the forest, watching as they practiced their powers.

At least that was what was supposed to happen. Instead, Jingsi and Jihyung had run off, finding their own place to train while leaving the adults behind.

"Are you worried about them?" Jungwoo asked, bending to the side to see how far the two children had run. "We can't even see where they are?"

"No, Jingsi knows the forest like the back of her hand and Jihyung is more powerful than all of us combined." Winwin replied, glancing at Grace. "Well, almost all of us."

Grace chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. "If I wasn't a black magic user he definitely would be."

"He's taking it well." Jungwoo commented, referring to Jihyung. "I thought he would be sad that he wasn't in line for Orenda's throne."