Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ava?" Andrew concluded after telling (more like enacting) my whole family my thrilling interaction with Stacey

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ava?" Andrew concluded after telling (more like enacting) my whole family my thrilling interaction with Stacey. God...these two are such wusses.

I rolled my eyes and replied, "What am I supposed to do? Sit there and hear her annoying voice and watch her call me a bitch?"

"You don't know what she is capable of? She can go any lengths to drag a person down." Augustus spoke looking quite concerned.

I scoffed, "Believe me I know and I would like her to try that on me.. The shit she pulled with Hailey."

"Okay calm down everyone.", mom said with a tone of finality. " I am sure she can look after herself and if she needs help, you guys are there. Stop treating her like a kid, everyone." She gave a stern look at all my brothers when they tried to protest.

"Thanks mom." I hugged her and pulled my tongue out at my brothers.

"MOM!", everyone yelled in unison.

"And you say they are not kids." My dad laughed lightly, getting up from his chair and kissing mom lightly on her lips.

"Eww", we all laughed.

~~~~~

"Well, baby brother...I was wondering...", I stopped and chuckled when Augustus glared at me. He hates being called 'baby brother' and I love to annoy him.

"What?!"

"Who was that boy with green eyes standing next to you in the parking lot?"

Augustus dropped his pen and immediately sat up straight.

"Why do you wanna know? Shut up and do your homework. Dad said you aren't allowed to date until 25." He said sternly.

"Hey! I am just curious. I am really not interested. I have other important things to do.", I said in a casual tone.

"He is my best friend. Aaron. Don't even think of going near him because he won't even look at your ugly face. He is already head over heels for a girl.", my brother smirked.

I ignored his stupid comment and replied, "Oh he is the Aaron. And the one next to him? The one who couldn't control his emotions must be the famous Bennet. Right??"

"So you like him now??"

"Oh god, you are such a baby! I DON'T LIKE EVERY GUY I TALK ABOUT. Grow up, donkey."

With that I slammed the door and walked out of the study room as I had already completed my homework. So far, I was loving high school except for the fight of course.

~~~~~