Pt 1 Ch 4

Clay drew back quickly, the look of confusion and embarrassment evident on George's face. Clay had forgotten what he really was. Who he really was. George was blissfully ignorant to the fact that he had a monster in his home. Blissfully unaware of all the lives Clay had taken. He would never deserve someone like George.

George's face had gone from confused, to embarrassed, to hurt in a matter of seconds. He turned away, mumbling something about going to bed before leaving the room. Clay flinched, physically recoiling at the idea of hurting George's feelings, but it wasn't like he had a choice. Clay knew damn well the consequences of his actions. He knew how people would look at them. Not only were they both men, Clay was a monster. Not one thing about their relationship would ever work out. He frowned down at his hands, wishing he could just make everything okay. Wishing he could be something worthy of George's affection.

He sighed before getting up and walking, as though he was in a trance, out the door. He made sure to be as quiet as he was possibly could as he shut the door behind him. He looked back and could've sworn he saw George standing in the doorway. A single teardrop falling from his eyes. He shook the image out of his head and kept walking.

He wasn't sure where he was going, or what he was going to do but he knew he had to get away.