Chapter 3

Rosa's PoV

Leave Anton? Edward was crazy to ask me such a thing. He stared into my eyes then retreated. Although his hand never left mine but his eyes shifted to gaze at something else beside me.

"Excuse him, Rosa. Edward has a wierd sense of humor." Anton said from behind me and I was startled by him. Quickly, I snatched my hand from Edward's.

Edward and Anton stared at each other for a while until I cleared my throat. I was confused at extreme because I didn't know that they were acquainted. It was wierd. They didn't speak again to me or each other during the meeting.

When the meeting was finally over and all of the executives were going, I stood up to go but only to come between Anton and Edward. Immediately I stood to the side, I had already sensed tension between them. It was not good. They had never been friends, I concluded when I saw the way they were glaring at each other.

Should I drag Anton away before they do something embarassing? I asked myself and got the answer, Hell Yes!

"Anton, I think we should go." Anton kept glaring at him but Edward's gaze traveled to me and he smirked. Wow. For a moment, I was lost seeing him.

"Let's see who wins this time." Anton said taking a step towards Edward. My head whipped to my left where Anton stood. So they had been doing this challenge thing before. He was totally out of his mind to throw a challenge on this contract. All the burden would be on my shoulders, couldn't he see that.

"You already know Sherwell who's goin' to win." Edward took another step forward. I came in between them before they had the time to pounce on each other in a meeting room. 

"Edward, it was nice meeting you. We should go now." I said meanwhile forcing a smile on my face. My voice was just above a whisper. My hand came on Anton's arm. With little effort, I dragged him out of the room.

What were they upto? They couldn't just fight in front of other professionals. The biggest question was that why were they ready to blast each other? I had expected them to be good in terms with each other because they had some mutual relations.

"What was that?" I asked Anton, as we were walking towards our cars. 

"Nothing." He stopped in the middle of the parking lot.

"Listen Rosa, I want this contract by any means." Anton said staring at me hard.

"I am going to try my best but if it is about Edward then I cannot asure you." This was totally insane if he was doing this because of a challenge.

He grabbed me by my arms and dragged closer. His hands were digging holes in my arms. It was painful, I winced and tried to get my arms away from his grip. But couldn't do so.

"You haven't seen him truly. He's an arrogant, self serving man. He cannot have this contract. Do you listen to me?" I nodded and he left my arms and turned around. I heaved out a relieved breath when his hands went away from my arms. 

"I am sorry Rosa that I hurt you." He turned back to me. To be honest, I was a little fearful that he would hurt my arms again. But I was polite so I muttered, "It's okay."

"I didn't mean that... I just want you to get this contract. You understand my concern, right?"

"Yes, I do." I said in a little voice.

"Of course you do. You're my little step sister." He grabbed my shoulders gently. I wasn't that little just 4 or 5 years younger than him.

"If he wins this contract, it will only serve his ego. I am afraid he can get it easily. But I know you're capable and you can get it. Edwards needs a kick to his arrogance, and only you can do that." Arrogance? Hmm. Was he really that arrogant? I didn't think so.

"I will try my best, I promise." I said. Even if he hadn't requested, I would have tried my best because I was a loyal employee.

"You are getting this contract." He raised his eyebrows.

"Am I?"

"Yes, you are." He patted me on the back and went to his car. I went to mine and sat inside. While driving away, I thought why they were like that. If I asked would anyone tell me? Chances were zero. So I dropped the topic and reminded myself of Tony, Molly and Holly. They would be hungry and I had to feed them.

When I got back, first of all I ordered a pizza then fed Tony, Molly and Holly.

Tony was a brown dog, Molly was White and Holly was Golden Brown. And that was all I knew about them. Even though the man at the pet shop had told me but I had forgotten. Who cares which species they were, I just knew that they were cute.

"Tony, what are you doing here? Baby go and eat." I patted him on the head and he went to the dog food. Tony was a male dog and very naughty among the three. While Molly was a female and Holly was another male.

The door bell rang and I sat straight. That would be the pizza. I ran to the door and opened it.

There was no one on the door, who rang the bell?

I was about to close the door when my gaze went to the door mat. And there was a beautiful bouquet of White Roses. It was a huge bouquet with a Red card stuck in between flowers. I picked it up, smiling at them. But I was confused if it was really for me.

I rummaged my brain if I had been seeing anyone but no one came to my mind. I picked up the bouquet and closed the door. Placing the flowers on the kitchen counter, I took the card and read.

The words almost made me faint.

"Edward Walters." Just this was written and I was surprised, confused and afraid at the exact moment.

~~~~~~~~

Vote please!