Chapter 21

Zhenyuan ran towards Yaxuan who was still standing underneath the store shed. He had his hands in his jeans pocket, watching the rain mindlessly.

"Yaxuan!" Zhenyuan shouted as he ran towards him. "I was worried sick about you!"

"You were?" Yaxuan turned to him and forced a smile, but Zhenyuan still noticed the tears running down his cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Zhenyuan walked closer to him.

"I'm feeling a bit sick." he lied.

"Yeah you just had to! You're in the cold without a sweater or a raincoat, what were you thinking!?" Zhenyuan wasn't sure if this robot could get sick, but seeing how humanlike Yaxuan was acting, it was probable.

"I'm sorry." he apologized.

Zhenyuan tatted and removed his yellow translucent raincoat, then put it on Yaxuan. "Let's go, I should take you home."

He turned his back to Yaxuan, indicating that he should get on it. Yaxuan slowly climbed unto Zhenyuan's back and wrapped his arms around his strong shoulders. Normally, Yaxuan would be overexcited about being on his boyfriend's back, but this time he was too hurt thinking about Xuan's death.

He leaned on Zhenyuan's back as Zhenyuan made his way into the rain. With the rain wetting his body, Zhenyuan couldn't feel Yaxuan's tears that were landing on his back. Zhenyuan felt cold, but he endured it all to get Yaxuan home safely.

After some minutes, the two of them arrived at Zhenyuan's home. He opened the door and walked in, then allowed Yaxuan to climb down.

"Where have you been?" Mrs. Zhang asked Yaxuan. "Zhenyuan was very worried about you."

"I just went to meet a friend." he forced a smile.

Mr. Zhang didn't really mind. He simply shook his head and once again focused on his newspaper.

"I have to get changed," Zhenyuan said as he walked upstairs to his room.

"Let me get you a little something warm to drink Yaxuan, you look sick." Mrs. Zhang told him and pulled him into the kitchen.

Zhenyuan was changing out of his soaked clothes in his room, and wiping his body. He took a fresh change of clothes from his closet and got into them. He was about to walk out his bedroom when Yaxuan entered.

"Are you feeling better?" Zhenyuan asked him, facing his full-length mirror as he wiped the remainder of water in his hair.

"Yes your mom gave me some hot cocoa," Yaxuan said and sat down on his bed. "I have something important to tell you."

That statement was enough to make Zhenyuan feel tense. Normally when someone said that it meant they wanted to break up, did Yaxuan want to break up? It wasn't possible. But he couldn't predict Yaxuan's behavior, so he turned to him curiously. "You're breaking up with me?"

Yaxuan chuckled lightly. "No. Just sit down and let me tell you."

Zhenyuan draped the wet towel over the mirror and sat next to Yaxuan.

"I found out about Xuan's death," Yaxuan started to explain. "I did it for you because I didn't want you to live in mystery over your best friend's death, I wanted you to know the truth of something that seemed to have affected you so much. I want you completely happy and healed from anything that may have ever affected you in this life."

Zhenyuan nodded at Yaxuan's sweet words, but he was more curious to hear what Yaxuan was about to say.

"Turns out Xuan died because someone thought you and him were dating, and that person was in love with you." he started to explain. "He was indeed hit by a car but it wasn't intentional. The only reason he wasn't taken to the hospital and left to die was because this person was jealous about you and Xuan's apparent relationship."

"What!?" Zhenyuan gasped. Yaxuan's explanation made the wounds that were healing once again feel deeper. He had started to recover, but the new revelation made him remember how hurt he was about the matter. He missed his best friend. "Who did it?"

"Zuo Hang," Yaxuan replied after a short while.

Zhenyuan widened his eyes in disbelief then shook his head. "Zuo doesn't even have a car."

"I know, but his dad has a car. He took his dad's car." he explained.

Zhenyuan got up from the bed angrily. "I'm gonna kill that guy! I will rip him apart into pieces and make him suffer every single last second of his breath..."

"No!" Yaxuan got up and put his hands on Zhenyuan's shoulder. "Don't do anything."

"Don't do anything!?" Zhenyuan repeated Yaxuan's instruction as tears brimmed his eyes. "You can't say that! You don't even know how it feels Yaxuan! Xuan was my best friend and losing him hurt me so bad! How can you tell me to not do anything!?"

"You think I don't feel the pain of his death too?" Yaxuan asked with tear-filled eyes. "I do, for some reason, hearing about Xuan's death made my heart so much as if...as if it happened to me."

Zhenyuan slowly calmed down as he thought about why Yaxuan felt that way. He finally confirmed it: Xuan's heart was making his robot friend feel Xuan's feelings.

"Anyway," Yaxuan shook his head and continued, squeezing Zhenyuan's shoulders tighter. "Don't do anything. Ripping him apart won't help, neither will telling the police. He's a minor, he wouldn't get really get a big sentence."

"Then what do you want us to do!? Let him live his life as if nothing happened!? It's a big deal!"

"I know. But...revenge or a light sentence won't bring Xuan back. Then let's at least allow one thing to come out of this...Zuo should learn responsibility and learn to be a better person. I think it's better if he admits what he did himself, he'll grow as a person and realize all the wrong he's done."

"So basically leaving him alone?" Zhenyuan scoffed.

"Trust me, he'll change after this if we let him be responsible rather than force him into reporting it, it will only make him feel guilty and guilt doesn't change anyone." Yaxuan moved his hand from Zhenyuan's shoulder to his cheek. "Please...don't do anything."

Zhenyuan was reluctant, but seeing that the person who was telling him what to do actually felt Xuan's feelings, it revealed to him that Xuan would probably want the same thing. He nodded slowly. "Fine."

Yaxuan smiled at his boyfriend then pecked his cheek.