Chapter 8

Yaxuan opened the door to Zhenyuan's lab, and Zhenyuan looked up from what he was working on.

"Oh you're back." Zhenyuan said to him.

"I am, and I got something great." Yaxuan walked over to Zhenyuan and took the bracelet out of his pocket. "Look what I got."

Zhenyuan took the bracelet and studied it. The message that was written was: 'YOU'RE AMAZING'.

"Wow this is actually very nice but the colors aren't something Dongyu would like. Girls like bright colors you know." Zhenyuan told him.

Yaxuan nodded. "I know. The bracelet is for you."

"Me!? Why!?"

"Well because I love you and your mom told me that you rarely feel appreciated so I..."

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Zhenyuan felt exhausted and stood up. "Why can't you just listen to one single instruction!? I told you to get something for Dongyu! Not me!"

"So you don't like it?"

Zhenyuan threw the bracelet at Yaxuan. "Of course I don't. Do you even know how sad Dongyu is and you're just willing to mess things up?"

Yaxuan picked up the bracelet from the floor. "Fine."

Zhenyuan wanted to tell him to get something for Dongyu, but he was tired of telling Yaxuan what to do and him messing it up. So instead, he simply sat back on his chair. "Just go." he commanded him.

Yaxuan nodded and walked out of the lab. Zhenyuan continued his work with heavy thoughts, hoping that Dongyu won't get too disappointed with the boy who was supposed to be perfect.

"Stupid robot, I should probably just shut it down." Zhenyuan muttered to himself.

The door opened a while later, and Zhenyuan groaned, already knowing that it's Yaxuan. Instead, when he turned around, he saw Mrs. Zhang standing there with her arms folded.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked him, tapping her foot against the tiled floor.

"What?" Zhenyuan asked with annoyance.

"You can't be mean to your friend, he said you hurt his feelings and right now he's just sitting outside alone, he's so sad." she informed him.

"You don't get it mom, he doesn't feel emotions." Zhenyuan looked back at his work.

"What do you mean by that?"

Zhenyuan didn't want his mother to realize that he was doing something unethical like recreating his former best friend. "Nothing."

"Zhenyuan you are going to apologize to your friend right now! I did not raise you like that!"

"Fine!" Zhenyuan slammed his equipment on his working table and stood up. He didn't want to debate with his mother, she could probably pry him for answers. He walked past her and walked out of through the door.

Zhenyuan walked out of the house through the kitchen door, and saw Yaxuan sitting on a swing in the backyard. He looked at his feet in sneakers sadly, and with the way he looked so much like Xuan, Zhenyuan felt a hint of guilt. He had to remind himself that Yaxuan could not feel emotions – he was a robot, he was merely programmed to react accordingly.

Zhenyuan walked over to him, and he looked up from his feet to the handsome boy who had just approached him.

"I'm sorry Yaxuan, I shouldn't have talked to you like that." Zhenyuan said. "I was just mad. Next time just do exactly what I tell you to do."

"I don't understand why you get mad at me. I feel like I'm supposed to love, and if you love someone, you don't love another person...romantically I mean."

But of course, the robot was programmed to put love above everything. If Zhenyuan was the one he loved, then he really wouldn't love anyone else.

"Yeah then just do what I say if you love me." Zhenyuan sat on the other swing and looked at Yaxuan. "Hey, did you actually feel sad?"

Yaxuan nodded. "You make me sad when you're mad at me."

"But you don't really feel sadness." he answered briefly, not wanting to make him realize what he actually meant.

"I do. I feel sadness and love in here." Yaxuan clutched his chest through his sweater, indicating his heart.

Zhenyuan narrowed his eyes. "That's weird. You feel through Xuan's heart?"

"Xuan's heart?" Yaxuan asked obliviously.

Zhenyuan shook his head. "Never mind."

But Zhenyuan was very curious. He had to find out sooner or later why Yaxuan actually felt things from his heart and not the motherboard which was located in his head.