Chapter 1

Zhang Zhenyuan sat in his lab, working on something new which he absolutely enjoyed. Even though he had just graduated from high school. He didn't want to go to college just yet. He enjoyed staying in the lab which he had built from scratch since he was young. He did a lot of yard work growing up to have this lab, so it meant so much to him.

Zhenyuan was highly intelligent, and he spent most of his time working on things he found more important. Despite this, he still made time for his family and loved them.

He heard a small creak as the door to his room opened. Turning around, he saw his little sister Zhang Dongyu. His lab was located in the basement, so he rarely got visits unless someone really wanted to talk to him.

"Can I talk to you a moment or am I disturbing you?" Dongyu asked cutely, still holding on to the door handle.

"I always have time for you Dongyu." Zhenyuan replied. "Come in."

His little sister walked inside. And once in his view, Zhenyuan noticed that her face was tear-stricken. She sat down on the swivel chair next to him.

"Are you okay?" he asked her with concern.

She shook her head. "No. Do you remember that boy Su Xinhao?"

Zhenyuan nodded, clearly recalling the handsome boy his sister had a crush on then consequently started dating. He was happy for her because she seemed genuinely in love with him and him with her.

"Yes." Zhenyuan replied.

"He started cheating on me then dumped me."

"What!?" Zhenyuan felt a mixture of anger and shock. He balled his fists, feeling as if he would punch Xinhao. "How could he do that!? Take me to him now...! And aren't you supposed to have the school dance soon!? He was supposed to be your date."

"No Zhenyuan-ge, it's fine. You hitting him or anything won't change what he's done."

"But I should still teach him a lesson."

She shook her head. "It won't make me feel better. I just needed someone to talk to. Am I ugly? This isn't the first time someone has dumped me. Zhixin did the same thing, so did Yukun."

"No, Dongyu," Zhenyuan placed a hand on her head, patting her silky black hair. "You're so beautiful, smart and you deserve the best guy in the world. Those boys just don't know what they're doing."

"You're just saying that because you're my brother," Dongyu cried. "I guess I am ugly."

"You're not!" he shouted emotionally.

She slightly smiled and pushed the hair away from her face. "It doesn't matter. Even if I'm ugly, at least my brother will always love me." She pulled her chair closer to Zhenyuan's and gave him a hug.

Zhenyuan returned it sadly and patted her back,he didn't want her to feel ugly. He wished there was something he could do. Hewished he could just give her the perfect guy, but most guys were trash. Wellmost human boys were trash. He looked over at an object in the corner of theroom that resembled a capsule. Maybe there really was something he could do.