Chapter 9

Bakugo had only gotten a few seconds of a head start but the fighting had already started when she rounded the corner. The girl that had been paired with the broccoli boy rushed up the stairs as Bakugo unleashed explosion after explosion. But the relenting explosions didn't stop the boy dressed like a bunny from rushing in towards Bakugo. Seeing him advance Bakugo swung a right hook only for the smaller boy to grab his arm and flip him into the floor. Lilija blinked; did she just see that right? The hot-headed blonde had been picked up and thrown into the floor. Lilija wasn't sure why, but she felt angry. Angry that this boy had hurt him so, not just physically but mentally too, she could tell by the grimace on his face and the blazing rage in his eyes. He jumped into the air blasting an explosion at the boy as a distraction as he used the momentum from his quirk to get into his blind spot and land a nasty punch straight to his face. The smaller boy fell to the floor and skidded back a few feet. Lilija ears were ringing, and she finally got her legs to move. Bakugo was saying something, but she couldn't hear it as he grabbed towards one of his grenades. His face was something of a wild animal, Lilija had never seen him so livid before. Just what had happened between him and this boy? Just as she was about to reach the blonde-haired boy, he pulled the pin from the grenade. There was a bright flash followed by a numbing ringing noise in her ears. When she opened her eyes, she gasped. The entire building shook as the wall and floor had been completely enveloped in the massive explosion. The boy had just barely dodged, half his costume and mask blown to bits. Concrete and debris littered the floor as the two simply continued their fight as if the blonde-haired boy hadn't just tried to kill the smaller boy. Lilija wasn't sure what had made her move but just as the two were about to throw their punches she was jumping in front of Katsuki. Bakugo's eyes widened as the petite girl threw herself in between the boys but it was too late. All he saw was his explosion and the wind from Deku's punch. At the last second, he had directed his punch upwards and used the wind to completely devast the ceilings and floors above them directing his explosion up. But Bakugo didn't care about that at the moment, his red eyes were searching desperately for the white-haired girl. His quirk had never affected her before but yet his eyes kept searching for her figure. Once the smoke had finally cleared, he saw her. She was sprawled out on the floor a few feet from them. Without thinking he was already walking over to the girl not a single glance towards the broccoli haired boy who seemed shocked that the blonde had simply walked away. His steps were loud as his anger was finally reaching him. What an idiot! What if she had gotten hurt?! Blinded by the mix of emotions he forgot about the green haired boy behind him. "You idiot!" He knelt down by the girl and quickly scanned her over. "The Hell were you thinking jumping in between us like that?!" The girl simply groaned and rolled over. 

"It looked like you were gonna kill each other..." The girl pursed her lips as she slowly sat up; well, tried to. His quirk had never hurt her before, was it because the broccoli haired boy used his quirk too? 

Bakugo's face turned into a scowl as he smacked the girl on her head, "So you wanted to die instead, huh?!"

The girl perked up and then glared at the boy, pointing an accusing finger towards the male, "So you admit you were trying to kill him!"

That comment seemed to set the boy off even more, "Huh?! I wasn't trying to kill him you dummy!" Another smack to the head, "What happened to not getting in my way at school?!" 

Lilija flailed her arms around as she pouted, "I didn't mean to! My legs just moved on their own..." Her sentence trailed off as her blue eyes spotted the broccoli haired boy out of the corner of her eye staring at them, or more importantly, her. "Ka-Katsuki...?"

"What?!" But then he paused, seeing her sudden fear the boy turned and looked over his shoulder. His red eyes landed on Deku who was standing behind them, a shaky finger pointing towards them.

"W-who is that...?" That question made the duo pale and stiffen together.

"Y-you can see me...?" By now the girl was trembling, the adrenaline that had been in her body long gone as the fear was slowly taking over. He could see her? She gasped as she finally felt the pain in her back. A slight stinging sensation. He could hurt her. Her eyes widened as she tried her best to put even more space between her and the boy, the wall stopping her retreat. Her shaking blue eyes then turned to Bakugo who was still looking at her. Lilija wasn't sure what emotion was in his eyes as he slowly stood up and turned towards the boy. His jaw was clenched and there was a slight strain in his eyes as he slowly walked towards him. The broccoli haired boy took only one shaky step back as Bakugo fully invaded his personal space. His right arm clenched onto what remained of his green costume and he pulled him close to him; the boy's feet were barely touching the ground now.

"You don't mention this to anyone. Do you hear me?!" The malice and venom in his voice caused the boy to shake and grab at his hand that was slowly starting to burn his costume. 

He gulped quickly before replying, his green eyes searching his red eyes desperately, "Who is she...?"

Bakugo scoffed and released the boy seeming satisfied that he wouldn't spill the beans, "None of your damn business, shitty Deku." 

The so-called Deku looked back over to the girl that was still shaking in fear, his face slightly softened as he lowered his voice, "I-Is she hurt...?"

Bakugo scoffed and turned towards the girl as well crossing his arms, "No thanks to you!"

The boy's eyes widened, "You mean-!" He gasped, "Is that why my punch went up?!" His mouth widened as his eyes seemed to get teary. Without thinking he ran over to the girl and began scanning her for injuries. He didn't notice her stiffen or try even harder to go into the wall away from him as his eyes landed on her back. "You're hurt...!" He started looking around desperately, "We need to get you to Recovery Girl!"

"No!" Deku's head whipped back to the petite girl. Her eyes were slammed shut as she hid even more into herself. "Ju-just-" Bakugo intervened before she could finish her sentence. He yanked Deku back by his shoulder as he knelt back down by the girl. Deku watched on in interest as the blondes blazing red eyes softened as he rubbed the girl's hair. Timidly the girl looked back up and said something that the boy couldn't hear. Bakugo then offered his hand and helped the girl to her feet. The softness in his eyes were gone in an instant as he whirled back around to look at the boy. 

He marched up to him and jabbed his finger into his chest, "Not a single fucking word about any of this. Got it shitty nerd?"