Chapter Fourty Five

Start from the beginning

"Am I even trying? I've just pulled over to the side of the road so I can understand. So explain to me,"

"I'm shitting myself. You've acted weary about your own mom since being back into contact with her and now we've gone from kissing in detentions to you driving me to meet your mom. My mom hates the both of us, I don't want your mom hating me too,"

"She's not gonna hate you. You're thinking too much again,"

"You think?" I asked honestly. Maybe I was over worrying. I guess just through mine and Billies relationship I thought meeting his mom would be the last thing to ever happen.

"You're gonna be fine. We don't have to do any lying. I'm not worried about it. So you shouldn't be," he gave me a small smile. "Got it?"

I knew he was right, I rolled my eyes playfully. "Got it,"

"Now be good and put your seat belt back on, we've still got a ten minute drive,"

I did as said as we continued the journey that felt never ending to his moms house. I felt myself more loose and less tensed after the small talk with Billie. I guess he really did know me too well.

When he did pull into what actually was his moms house, it wasn't much different. Beautiful flowers planted along the walk way of the front garden, flower baskets hanging beside the door, net curtains in all windows.

We climbed out the car, I noticed Billie shaking slightly but decided best to ignore as we walked down the gardens path.

"Fuck me I'm nervous too," He paused outside the front door glancing over at me.

"Not so tough now are you?"

"Be quiet,"

"Okay," I smiled slightly, looking back away from him.

Although not asking, I did wonder how long it would take for Billie to collect himself and actually have the balls to knock on his own moms front door. So much I thought about just knocking myself. But I'd hear no end to it when we'd get back home.

Before he could even find the courage to do so, the both of us flinched when the door seemed to open by itself. Only to realise a women standing on the inside.

Her face was carved with friendly smile lines as she grinned over at us. The skin under her eyes creasing along with her beam as she spoke up. "How long do you both want to stand outside for?"

Billie breathed in sharply, before his chest dropped. "Hi mom,"

She wasn't having any of his awkwardness, she'd pulled him straight into a hug tightly. "Oh Billie Joe, haven't you changed since I last saw you," She laughed, her arms wrapping around him.

He hugged her back. "Well, I'm not a teenager anymore," he chuckled nervously.

Once she released him, her eyes fell on to me. Up and down with a large smile. "You must be my boys special lady,"

I looked at Billie, stuttering for words. "Yep- that's- er... that's me,"

"Well come in both of you!" She laughed, walking away back inside. "You can't stand out side all day,"

Billie Joe glanced over at me, but tried not to before the both of us actually made our way in shutting the door behind us.

I followed Billie walking into what I could only guess was her living room, where she sat herself down on an arm chair still smiling. "So? What's been going on with you lately Billie Joe?"

The both of us sat on a small sofa awkwardly. "I've already told you over the phone mom," He laughed anxiously.

"Well tell me again! You were a teacher for a bit, right? Tell me about that,"