Please Don't Leave Me

Start from the beginning

"Yelena, how are your sisters doing?" asks Ana. "She's doing okay," says Yelena referring to Nat. "Good. How about your younger sister?" says Ana. "Lizzie is right here," says Yelena looking at me. "Hi," I say softly. Ana looks at me shocked. "Long story," I say. "And then, you two and Natasha will be reunited and go live your Sex and the City fantasy in New York," says Sonya and she and Ana laugh. I look at Yelena for her response.

Yelena looks down and says "Excuse me." She gets up and leaves the room. "I'll be right back," I say after Yelena is out of the room.

Yelena walks into a bathroom and closes the door. She isn't going to the bathroom. She's just there to find her piece of mind.

I open the door and I hug Yelena. "Thanks, Lizzie, but I really just wanna be alone right now," says Yelena. "Yelena, I think you and I both know you don't like being alone," I say. "I know. I just need to clear my head and take some deep breaths," says Yelena. I nod.

She looks at herself in the mirror for a few seconds before she turns the sink on. Her hands are in the water and she turns to dust. "Yelena!" I shout.

I walk out of the bathroom and I go into the living room. Ana and Sonya are still there talking. "Lizzie, is everything okay? We heard you scream," says Sonya. "Yelena's gone. She turned to dust and disappeared," I say on the verge of tears. Sonya gets up and hugs me.

I make a decision. Whether it's smart or stupid, I'll find out.

"Thanks. Uh. I've gotta go. Nice seeing you two!" I say. I run out the front door. "Lizzie! Wait! Where are you going?" calls Sonya as she chases after me. "To Natasha! I have to make sure she's okay!" I say. "Lizzie, she's in New York! You're in a whole other continent!" says Sonya. "I know!" I say.

I look back and I'm pretty far from the house. Sonya is running after me. She stops chasing me and shouts "Be careful!" "I will be!" I call back to her.

I cry the farther from the house I get. Yelena's gone and I have no idea how or why or even when she'll be back if she can be.

I fly the plane Sonya, Yelena, and I took to Ana's house and I fly it to New York. I might be eight but I'm not an average eight year old. I get to the Avenger's compound after a long flight. It's sunset time when I land the plane on the field.

I knock on the front door. It's opened by a man with a beard. After studying his face for another moment, I realize he's Captain America.

"Hi, is my sister here?" I say. "Who are you?" asks the man. "Oh, sorry. I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Lizzie. I'm looking for my sister, is she here?" I say. "I'm Steve. Who's your sister?" says the man. "My sister is Natasha Romanoff," I say. "Yeah, nice try. Natasha doesn't have a sister and definitely not one your age," says Steve. "Please, at least tell me if she's here," I say. "Fine. She's here. Let me call her and ask if your her sister," says Steve. "Thank you," I say. "Nat! A kid's at the front door!" shouts Steve.

Nat is at his side in seconds. "Lizzie?! What are you doing here? I thought you were with Yelena. Wait, where's Yelena?" says Nat. "Told you so, Steve. Anyways, Nat, I'm sorry. Yelena turned to dust at Ana's house. Oh, Ana is the name of a Widow we were freeing. Sonya's still at her house. Oh, and I flew the plane here to find you and make sure you're okay," I say.

Nat pulls me into a hug and holds me there as I cry into her. I hate meeting people see me cry, but when it comes to my sisters, I make an exception.

"It's okay, you're gonna be okay," says Nat, soothingly. "I'm sorry," I mumble. "Lizzie, there nothing for you to be sorry for. And let me just say how impressed I am that you flew that plane here by yourself," says Nat. I smile.