"Pretend what exactly?" She said through gritted teeth, finally having the strength to push him from her.

He stumbled back a bit and smirked at her, chuckling.

"That you're a prude." He looked her up and down, his thumb and pointer finger fidgeting with his lower lip as his smirk widened.

"Excuse me?" She raised her eyebrows, clenching her fists while she looked at him as if he was a completely different person than the one she spent her afternoon with.

"Come on, Donna. We both know you're the complete opposite of a prude." He chuckled once again. "I mean, look at you. You're pregnant and don't even know who the father is."

"What is wrong with you?" She widened her eyes, feeling her blood boil. Theodore stepped closer to her.

"My problem is that you are a slut with everyone else, but, when it's me, you try to act like a prude-" Before he could finish his sentence, Donna let her rage consume her, and in full James Potter' style, punched the blond's face, making him fall to the ground.

Spitting blood in the floor, Theodore turned to her with his jaw clenched. "You're going to regret that."

"Stay away from me." Donna said, before turning around and walking towards the Fat Lady's portrait.

After whispering the password, she got in the common room, not knowing what to think. Her mind was in a complete rush of thoughts. And that's why she didn't notice the figure sitting on the couch.

James Potter got up as soon as he heard her coming and smiled at her, hands clasped in front of him. But his smile soon turned into a frown when he noticed the distress on her face.

"Are you alright?" He asked, and the girl jumped in surprise.

When she turned to look at him, she visibly relaxed.

"James." She chuckled softly. "You scared me." He gave her an apologetic grin and nodded his head towards the couch, inviting her to sit with him. "Yeah, I'm fine."

She smiled at him and approached the couch, sitting much closer to him than usual. James tried to contain his smile as he put his arm on the back of the couch, but failed when the girl leaned on him for comfort.

"How was the date?" He asked bitterly.

Donna laughed. "Horrible."

James' smile only grew at her statement.

"Look, Donna, I-" He started but she interrupted him as she raised her head from his shoulder.

"Not now, James." She pleaded, her eyes looking deeply at his. "Please."

He nodded almost instantly, and she rested her head on his shoulder again, only for the bespectacled boy to rest his on top of hers.

"Want to hear an outer space curiosity?" The girl asked, closing her eyes.

James smiled softly. "Always."

❆ ❆ ❆

March 6th, 1977

A few days later, the Marauders were found at the Hospital Wing after a bad full moon. As it was the first full moon in which Donna was aware of what was happening, as soon as Madam Pomfrey let visitors in, the italian barged open the front doors.

Ever since they told her the truth, Donna had the feeling that the four boys were a bit more protective of her - which was true. The fact that she accepted Remus' condition with open arms only made them love her more, especially the bespectacled boy.