Everything Is Okay

'That's how she does it' said Rachel, who was sitting just beside Seb who was reading a book. The book was actually an excuse to hide his inner thought humming like a steroid filled beehive, the bees being 'Damn, Do You really have to be so cruel? After all what I am doing for you, this is how you repay me?' trying to communicate with one of his dear friends. But so far, no luck. 'Oh you surely can be ignorant' he sneered and went on with the book he was reading, this time really reading, The Book Thief. It was a book which he got his eyes on recently, he liked to get in an intimate relationship with his books, so he had first spent some time with it, for a week then started reading it yesterday. 'Excuse me? You are sitting in my seat' he got annoyed as a girl voice spoke to interrupt his reading but managed not to show his vexation, he was more or less used to people interrupting him like this. He looked up and out of the corner of his left eye saw Rachel tense up. 'Rach, did you not tell him that?' asked the feminine David. 'I do not think the seat are reserved for anybody here, it's not her fault' said Seb without looking up from his book for even an obligatory glance towards her, 'so what if she's pretty and can beat up a six foot giant of a guy at her will? She will not display a cocky behaviour with me especially when we don't even know each other' thought he at the back of his mind, reading was becoming difficult now. 'Look, we don't even know each other it's best if you don't butt in' replied the girl with a stern voice and thumped her palm on the desk. 'Exactly my point! We don't know each other, it's best if find another seat to sit on your attitude' shot back Seb with equal force and thumped his hand beside her's , he wasn't going to submit so easily 'Oh and, if you know, it's rude to interrupt someone who's reading' flashing the book on her face.

After all this small disagreement, there were two things the class has not ever experienced, a fleeting look of bewilderment on the face of Shreyasi and an eerie silence in the class room. Only the hum of the students like bees outside on the corridor was recognized as the sound present in the room, it was weighing on everybody but no one dared break it in the anticipation of witnessing something they never did.

After several dozen seconds, Seb got up and said 'I don't think it's worth it, you take this one, I just noticed another free chair' and start to get up and walked down the entire length of two rows and sit on the second last chair. He wiped the sweat of his forehead and started reading The Book Thief.