ii. mr brown eyes

Lorelei was confused

That wasn't a new thing. As much as she loved her friends, they tended to ask her about it for things and then not say what's it for. Today, Allison had asked Lorelei to bring as many witches grimoires she could fit in her bag and bring them to school.

She hadn't sent the Argent girl all day but as she was heading outside for lunch, she got a text from Allison, telling her to meet her and the rest of the pack in the music room. She looked up from her phone and realized she was about to pass the room.

Lorelei slowly walked in when she noticed Derek in the room with Allison, Lydia, Scott and Stiles, worrying her slightly. "What's going on?"

"Remember that girl that stopped us in the hall yesterday?" Allison said and Lorelei walked towards Derek, Stiles and Scott, nodding as she crossed her arms. "Yeah. Why?"

At the same time, Lydia and Allison rose their sleeves, showing bruises on their arms that reflected each other. "She bruised us when she grabbed our arms." Lydia said and Derek pursed his lips, shaking his head.

"I don't see anything." He said, looking back up at Allison and Lydia, shrugging. "Plus, how is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek asked, his voice getting louder and Lorelei quickly stepped in, shaking her head as she gestured to their arms. "It's the same on both sides. Exactly the sa—" "It's nothing." Derek interrupted, annunciating his words as if Lorelei didn't hear him the first time, making the blonde roll her eyes.

"Pareidolia." Lydia announced, making all eyes turn to her. "Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia explained and Derek shook his head, making Lorelei groan.

"Derek, come on. They're trying to help." Lorelei said tiredly, uncrossing her arms and throwing her hands in her back pockets.

"These two?" Derek asked before snickering, pointing at Lydia. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you." He said, giving the strawberry blonde a fake smile before turning to Allison. "And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack."

"Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right?" Stiles said, hoping to calm the air. Lorelei turned to Stiles, nodding her head before turning back to Derek. "That's what I call an important distinction." She said, nodding her head with a proud smile.

"Lor, my mother died." Allison said, making Stiles and Lorelei's smiles fall, Lorelei clearing her throat as she turned to the ground.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." Derek whispered, glaring at Allison who shook her head, clenching her jaw at the man. "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you."

Dereks brows rose at her words, crossing his arms. "You wanna help? Find something real." He snapped before turning around, walking out of the room.