"It's at a little pizza restaurant called Jan's Place. It'll be three days a week," I say softly.

Jace smiles and squeezes my hand, but the smile doesn't reach his eyes. "I've been there plenty of times. Jan is a loyal customer of mine. A little hard to get along with, but you'll do fine."

He looks over at Jackie and nods at her. "Maybe Jackie can fill in on those days for you at the diner and you can still work with us a couple days a week."

Jackie looks surprised as she looks up from her plate to look between the two of us. "I... um... I don't know Jace," she mumbles, looking away.

Jace reaches across the table and grabs for his sister's hand. "This can be a new start for you. You can sleep here until we can get you a place and you can work in the diner. You never have to see Joe again." He squeezes Jackie's hand as a tear rolls down her cheek. "I promise you things will get better. I love you." He turns his face away as if to hide I from us.

The look on Jackie's face matches the screaming of my heart. Hearing those words come out of Jace's mouth has my heart aching. It pains me to know I've never known those words.

Jackie's face scrunches up as tears pour out uncontrollably. You can see she's fighting as hard as she can to hide it, but it's no use. Jace has a way of making you feel everything. There's no hiding. "I feel so lost right now," she cries. "Why do I miss him so much?"

Jace jumps up from the table and runs over to his sister's side. He places both of his hands on her face and squeezes it. "You don't. You just think you do. Your body and mind are programmed to think you miss him. What you miss is always knowing that you had someone to go home to." He shakes her as she begins to shake her head back and forth. "Trust me. You can still have that. You have Avery and me now. You don't need him."

Jace's words freeze Jackie in her place. Her body loosens up as she takes a deep breath and turns around to face me. "I trust you, Jace. I can see it in her eyes. You've got a good woman here."

My mind is in complete shock as Jackie makes her way past Jace and throws her arms around me. I sit here for a moment not knowing what to do. I feel like running, but a big part of me feels as if I could cry.

Finally, Jackie pulls away with a sad smile. "I'm going to take a shower and find some clean clothes. Thank you for breakfast." With that she walks away, leaving Jace and I alone in the kitchen.

Jace waits for Jackie to leave, before walking over and squatting down in front of me. "Thank you," he whispers, rubbing my cheek.

I give him a confused look while trying to put myself back together. "For what?" I question.

He smiles and runs a finger over my bottom lip, giving me chills. "For letting my sister hug you. I know you don't like to be touched."

"You figured that out." I smile impressed. "You're perfect." The words leave my mouth before I can stop them.

I throw my hand over my mouth and hide my face, embarrassed by my confession.

Jace cups my face and forces me to look at him. "Don't be afraid of your feelings. I want to know how you feel." He leans in and presses his lips against mine. "Go and get ready." He smiles, his eyes sincere. "There are some people that want to see you."

I'm not surprised when we pull up in front of diner and hour later. My stomach still manages to do a flip at just the sight of The Indy Go. It hasn't been that long since I've been here, but it feels like a lifetime.

Jace pulls the keys out of the ignition and looks over at me with concentration. The look on his face looks as if he's trying hard to figure me out. "Are you okay with coming here?" he finally questions.