Arthur could tell that the only thing keeping them back right now was him. The problem was, he couldn't have Tess near him as he fought Uto. Arthur knew of many ways to strengthen the resolve of troops, to essentially reset them from their current fear, but could only see one actually working here and now. He then activated Realmheart, and static void.

He knew he didn't have much time, so he used his spell, thunderclap impulse as time was frozen. Rocketing towards the retainer, he infused every element in his arsenal into his sword, that even in its damaged state, it still withstood the immense power no man made sword could. Once in range Arthur swung his sword, and when only inches from striking he released the Aevum spell. To everyone watching Uto disappeared from sight as he went flying and crashed into the chamber wall.

Arthur grit his teeth, as he was able to see a black mana seemingly come out of nowhere and block his attack right before his sword could make contact with Uto's neck. The force was enough to send him flying, but Arthur was confident he didn't deal any real damage.

"At least it wasn't a total fail. The atmosphere over here has completely shifted. I don't think we need to worry about Tess being in danger from her unit for now," Sylvie informed him.

"That's good at least. Come on over here, I'm going to need some ranged support if I'm going to be able to handle him," Arthur replied.

Clapping could be heard from where Uto collided with the rock wall.

"Now that's more like it!" Uto praised excitedly. "If you can keep that kind of intensity up you would be able to keep me entertained for at least a few minutes."

By the time the dust settled, Uto was standing there with a black harpoon-like weapon. "Now what is this? An Asura?" Uto questioned ecstatically as Sylvie arrived. "Oh Agrona will love hearing about this. I wonder what the Asura will agree to this time to avoid fighting?"

"You're forgetting one thing," Arthur said as he took a fighting stance, and Sylvie created several mana bolts floating around her. "You need to live through this fight to be able to tell him anything."

With that Arthur shot towards him, his body sparking with black electricity. He just stood there waiting as if he didn't see Arthur as a threat. A few feet before Arthur was in range to strike, Sylvie began a barrage of pure mana. However he paid her little attention, and raised a wall of black metal spikes to take the hits. Arthur swung his blade, only for it to be blocked by Uto's harpoon. Arthur then released a relentless assault of kicks and sword strikes, but even those that Uto didn't block with his harpoon, were blocked by his dark mana, which was as strong as any armor he'd faced, that showed up nearly instantaneously.

Determined to get past his defenses, Arthur pushed thunderclap impulse to its limits. Now moving at an unfathomable speed Uto started to appear to be starting to take him seriously, as his expression turned from bored to entertained while beginning to actually dodge.

As Arthur continuously tried to land a strike, he saw an opening on Uto's right side, but as he swung his sword he finally saw it. Using thunderclap impulse at its peak, he saw the dark mana rapidly move from a shadow under Uto's arm, to the point he was targeting. Acting quickly he redirected his blade, and managed to slice across his chest. Uto's speed seemed to increase even more as he swung his black harpoon to counter attack. Quickly Arthur dropped down and used piston stomp as he drop kicked Uto, pushing them both away from one another.

Uto skidded to a stop and Arthur jumped back onto his feet. The bandages around Uto's body had been mostly burned away, revealing a series of metal stud piercing on his chest, and an almost excited smile across his face.

"Thank you for not disappointing pup. It seems threatening that Princess was enough of a push for you," Uto said.

"FIRE!" The Captain yelled before Arthur could reply.