44. I would never ignore you. - Sierra

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry you're spending the holiday alone," I tell Peter, reaching to touch his shoulder just as Bri steps between us. "Maybe we—"

"Whoops, sorry about that," B says with false sweetness. He doesn't move from my side.

John waves me over. "Oh, Sierra, you got some packages."

"Ooh, is it a dog?!"

"Careful! That's how I'd kidnap you," Peter jokes, a teasing smile taking over his face. "Well, Macy and I'd better head out. Have a good one."

Brian slams his cup down on the countertop, his voice booming. "What the fuck did you just say to her?"

I gasp, but Peter seems unperturbed as he calls for the elevator. "Whoa, calm down there, tough guy."

When the door rolls open, he boards the elevator, and I turn away to retrieve whatever John has for me, then whirl around at the sound of quick footsteps before Brian disappears between the closing elevator doors. "Oh my god!" I cry, glancing at John. "What the heck?"

John fights a smile, shrugs, and turns away. He gathers an armful of packages for me and turns to hand them over when the door to the lobby opens again, and a man wheels in an enormous package on a dolly.

"Wow, that thing is bigger than me!" I laugh.

The man chuckles, too, extending a device toward John for signature delivery. "Oh, Sierra, this is for you, too, honey," John says.

"Umm, I didn't order anything gigantic..." I poke the box, glancing over my shoulder as Brian exits the elevator. "How does one even get this upstairs? It's not heavy, just the size of another human."

B squats without saying a word and lifts it with ease, striding back to the elevator. I shake my head, thank the two men, tuck the packages and mail into my large purse, and grab both coffee cups before hurrying after him.

Brian bites his lip and shakes his head before I can say a word. "Hit the button, okay?"

"Why are all the men in my life so volatile? You nearly break your hand on Doug, Nick shoves Chris to get away from me, now you threaten Peter." I dramatically rest the back of my hand on my forehead and sigh, nearly spilling coffee into my hair. "Can't I just lead a drama-free life?"

Brian rests his arms on the top of the package, smiling down at me as we zoom upward.

"What happened?" I ask.

Bri rolls his eyes. "I'm not repeating the stuff he said."

"What—"

"Drop it," he says flatly as we stop on my floor.

"Pendejo," I mutter, exiting in front of him. I smirk at him over my shoulder as he laughs breathlessly underneath the ridiculously tall box. I test the doorknob, finding that it easily twists open.

"Hi, babe! We're back." I tug my coat off, then kick off my Converse as B sheds his jacket, then tosses it into my waiting arms.

The dog trots over with her favorite stuffed lovey between her teeth, wagging her tail, her eyes bright. "Hi, girl," Brian tells her before turning to me. "Does your dog have a taco?"

"Yep. And her second favorite toy is a Barkin Bag."

"Barkin Bag," he repeats, kneeling to pet her.

"Yeah! Like a Birkin Bag. It's adorable." He stares blankly at me, and I wave a hand as Nick crosses the room, the cat in his arms. "Forget it. Hi, Nicholas."

"Hey guys," he says, leaning to kiss me hello. Gently dropping the cat, Nick puckers his lips at Brian. Dodging him, B throws a hand up and turns his face away while we all laugh. Eyebrows raised, Nick circles the tall cardboard box. "Uh, what's this?"