»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 32«

“I'm illiterate!”

●○●

A week later
(The engagement day)

As the engagement was taking place in the Quraish Villa so from the morning every member in the house was busy with all the decorations and arrangements. The engagement was sweet ring-themed.

The entire ceiling of the Villa was decorated with contemporary gold geometric shape centerpieces carrying both flowers and candles. A classic lantern was placed in the middle giving it a unique and elegant look. For a celebratory vibe, scatter confetti was placed across each table. On the main table, a sparkly silver cake was placed.

In short, the whole Villa looked elegantly beautiful.

"You?"
Seeing Fawad in the Villa before the arriving time, Mrs. Sherebano Quraish was a bit shocked. Thinking he misheard the time of the engagement, she was about to say something when Fawad greeted.

"Assalamualaikum!"
Fawad nervously greeted. He was supposed to come with the his parents in the evening. 
"I was free so I thought to come early in case I could be of any help-"

"Waalaikumussalam, son!"
Sherebano Quraish cut him off then patting his cheeks she spoke, 
"What a sweet boy you are! I'm so glad that you came! Imraan should learn something from you."

Fawad smiled. 

"Ma'am, where should I keep the flowers?"
A worker asked with a carton full of flowers.

"Why are you bringing them inside? Place them outside!"
Sherebano Quraish exclaimed.

Then looking at Fawad, she spoke,
"Son, can you check if that lazy son of mine got ready or not?"

"Me? Well…"
Before Fawad could reply, Sherebano Quraish spoke.

"Thank you, son. His room is upstairs. The left one."
Without waiting, Mrs. Quraish patted his back and then went to check the decorations.