Chapter #3: Hacking

On Saturday morning in November, Luciana and Christina were sitting together in the library. According to Luciana, it was easier and safer to use a library's computer as a tool for hacking.

"Have you considered which company we are going to hack today?" Christina asked in a whisper. Luciana nodded excitedly, "Of course, it's called ARUO, a mysterious organization that was famous in the criminal world three years ago. However, something happened and it was simply eliminated."

Christina rolled her eyes, "If we are going to hack it, the company must exist. Be frank with me Lucy, how do you find it?"

Luciana just smiled darkly and continued typing while Christina sat there, reading a random book from the bookshelves. The black cover embroidered with golden letters called 'The Final Vengeance' drew her in. It was about a girl with a superpower and saved her friend's life. Christina flipped over the pages nonchalantly, thinking the book was dull, but something compelled her to read without putting it down as if it was telling her a warning.

After five minutes, Luciana nudged her and both of them took out their special glasses. It was designed to see the codes hidden under the protection of the computer. While normal people could only see websites like Google, Instagram, by using the special glasses, they could see illegal information and secrets that they had hacked.

Luciana gasped as they began looking through the company. It was full of eccentric codes and secret arrangements. The most disturbing part was that there was a sign after every message - a serpent in the middle, surrounded by the five elements. Luciana had a sudden feeling that the sign looked familiar, but she couldn't quite recall the memory.

"Hey, Lucy, look at this! It's the newest message!" Christina pointed at the one at the bottom and clicked it. It was just like the other messages, but the last part was clear, written in English_Start Plan 30. Luciana flinched unconsciously, unable to understand why she began to feel unsettling.

As they dug deeper into the company, they found lots of unspoken truth about some of the deaths of royal families and even illegal weapons and organizations. Suddenly, Luciana felt the hair on her neck stand up and a tingling sensation ran down her spine. They were being watched! Luciana shut the program instantaneously and spun around, but no one was there.

"What are you doing?" Christina complained glumly. Luciana just shook her head and stared at the bookshelves. She was sure that somebody was there, studying them.

"Never mind." Christina sighed and walked toward the bookshelves. "Are you feeling okay? You are pretty pale."

"Nothing. It's late already. Let's go." Luciana managed a smile and both of them walked out of the library. Out of the corner of Luciana's eyes, a shadow moved slightly and disappeared into the darkness.