1.) The Dishes

"(Y/N)! Where the fuck are you!?"

You could hear your father screaming for you from across the house. Your stomach twisted into knots and your hands started to sweat. What could I have possibly done this time?

You jumped up from your bed and ran to your door, opening it to be greeted by a tall, angry man standing in front of you. You jerked back with wide eyes, quickly trying to start a conversation, hoping to ease him, "H-hey dad, what's wrong?"

"You tell me what the fuck is wrong when you go in the kitchen!" He spat at you with visible red in his face.

Ah, crap! I forgot to do the dishes! You immediately hold your hands up and say, "I-I'm sorry, dad! I know the dishes need to be washed. I-I can do it right now!" You squeezed past him and the door frame, hoping to get away unscathed but your father grabbed you by the back of your shirt and yanked you back.

"Now listen here, shit-head. I expect to come home to a clean house everyday since I have to go out and work all day to provide for your ass! It shouldn't be that much to ask considering you still owe me money," he gritted through his teeth while you stared into his menacing eyes.

"I-I know, dad. I'm sorry. I've been working on it, I promise." You felt yourself shrink under his presence, averting your eyes away from his threatening gaze. Truth is: you borrowed money from your father for a down payment on a car so that you could start working and pay rent while staying with your dad. You couldn't wait for the day you finally had enough money to live by yourself.

Your father shoved you forward away from him, grumbling, "Go do the fucking dishes." You quickly made your way into the kitchen, holding back tears that started to swell in your eyes. You hated living here with him. To him, you were a slave. An inconvenience. A burden. Someone who was below him and didn't deserve nice things. And you knew that wasn't true, or at least you hoped.

You always try to remind yourself that you don't deserve this but with everyday that passes, it becomes harder and harder to believe. Your mother basically abandoned you and left you to your father, without any explanation. The only thing you remembered about her was her calling you stupid because you needed help with homework. She was truly no better than your dad with her excessive spankings.

You began sorting through the dirty dishes in the sink and filled the bottom with soapy water. Using a sponge, you scrubbed plates and cups while being lost in your thoughts that only continued to anger and sadden you. You felt so trapped as if there were no way out of this. You'd think that you being a 20 year old woman with a 23 year old boyfriend, he'd let you stay with him in his apartment to help you escape this hell hole. But for some reason, he's always insisted that it's for the best that you two wait.

You tried to be understanding towards his decision, like maybe he didn't want the relationship going too fast or he wasn't financially stable enough to help support you. You always thought that if given the chance, you'd work your butt off just to help with the financial part of living together. But you couldn't help but to feel as if you'd be a burden to him and his privacy anyways.

Once you finished the dishes, you quietly snuck to your room and laid down on your bed, wondering what your boyfriend was up to. You picked up your phone and checked the time, 7:35pm. You reminded yourself that he's working right now and doesn't have time to text, which caused you to sigh. Why do I feel so miserable?

You decided that you were going to sleep early tonight since you have to work in the morning, and sent your boyfriend a message saying goodnight. You set your phone on your nightstand and turned off the lights. Tucking yourself in, your anxiety towards your boyfriend suddenly starts to sink in, wondering if he was still talking with that 'Annie' girl. You remember him talking about her before, saying he worked with her and she's super flirty towards him. He wouldn't do that to me, would he?