"That so? Why don't you go away and we'll find out?" He gave me a cool look. What a cold-blooded one.

I just stared at him while he was watching since he had no intention to look at me.

"What now?"

"Huh?" I asked as I tried to avert my eyes from him.

"You keep looking at me weird."

"No, I don't."

"Yeah, you do." He bristled, giving me impatient side eyes.

"You've been doing that lately."

"I have not. You're imagining things."

He wasn't imagining things. Things had changed since that day in Busan, I'd been different. I couldn't seem to look at him, hear him, or be near him without reacting in ways I wished I hadn't.

The feelings had not subsided, contrary to my expectations. They appeared to have settled in for the long haul, seeping deeper and deeper into my heart and thoughts. All of those peeks into his psyche and difficult past had irreversibly changed things. Both in terms of how I looked at him and how often I did.

The reality was, I think my fangirl heart for him was returning. This dreadful foolish crush, or whatever it was, was most likely there on my face every time I turned around to face him. That was the impression I got.

"I'm not gonna freak out again or anything, Lisa. Geez" he said.

"No, I know. I'm not worried about that."

"So stop looking at me already," he grouched.

"I'm not!" I protested, sneaking a look.

He slumped further down in his swivel chair as he put his hands at the back of his head. He had this serious look embedded into his handsome face. Ripped jeans and a plain shirt under his black and white windbreaker is his casual attire today. I doubt a male model could have pulled those off as well.

A street light glowed in the distance, and tiny rivers of rain flowed down the exterior of the window

A street light glowed in the distance, and tiny rivers of rain flowed down the exterior of the window. These days, the weather is typically cold and rainy. It made me shiver just thinking about what it would be like outside in it.

"Why are you here so early? You normally come late." Unexpectedly, he ask me a question first.

"Is my being here a problem?"

"Didn't say that. Just wondering what's changed?"

If you only know, Jeon. A great deal had changed. There was a lot of it, and then a little more on top of that, the most of which I was still puzzling out. There had been no clear conclusions yet. I may have exaggerated a little when I said I wasn't concerned about him. He appeared to be in good condition. That didn't take away from my responsibility to keep an eye on him. His meltdown was still fresh in my mind.