She sat down and prepared herself for the lesson. Shigaraki had high expectations for her, so she had to be at the top of her game.

The school work itself was easy, since Kurogiri had taught her most of it when she got bored. But no kids would talk to her during lunch. She ate the peanut butter and jelly that Kurogiri had packed alone.

It was recess, and a couple of kids approached her while she sat at her desk and drew. "Hey Hana, wanna plat hero with us?" A girl with gills asked. Tori shook her head. Shigaraki didn't like heros, so she didn't think playing hero would be good. "Sorry, I can't." Tori answered quietly. The boy that looked like jello scoffed. "Tch. Whatever." They skipped off to ask other peers. Tori went back to drawing until another girl went up to her. "Hey can I sit next to you?" She asked with a smile, showing her sharp teeth. She had long floppy ears and wild hair that covered her eyes. "Um, sure. I'm Hana Tori, what about you?" Tori scooched over.

"I'm Mahi Medusa, but call me Medusa! Wanna hear about my quirk? I just got it a week ago, it's really cool!" Medusa offered. Tori stopped coloring and took interest in the conversation. "I'd love to!" She said. The girl lifted up her bangs and her eyes widened as she intensely stared into Tori's eyes. For a split second, Tori couldn't move, she was paralysed. Medusa dropped her hair and Tori could move again. "That's cool! Whatever you look at you can freeze?!" Tori was in awe. Madusa pouted. "I was going to say that but yeah! It is pretty cool!" Her face brightened up again.

The girl was fun to talk to and so they hung out together for the rest of recess, she was Tori's first friend. The rest of the day wasn't too exciting, but it was better now that she had someone to talk to.

"See ya later Hana!" Madusa called as she ran to her car. Tori waved back so intensely she was on her tippy-toes. "Bye! See you tomorrow!" She yelled back.

She was all alone now, sitting at the school gates, waiting for Shigaraki or Kurogiri. It was starting to get cold, luckily Kurogiri made her wear a big winter coat along with a hat, gloves,and a scarf, but her nose was starting to get cold an runny.

She turned to see Shigaraki jogging towards her, he stopped to catch a breath. "Damn... It's... Really... Cold... Out..." Shigaraki managed to say as he wheezed. He only had on his hoodie. Tori took off her scarf and wrapped it around him as he leaned forward panting. "Thanks. Kurogiri told me last minute to pick you up so that's why it took me so long." Shigaraki explained. "It's fine, let's just go home." Tori said as she grabbed his pinky. Shigaraki welcomed the warmth of the girl's hand.

"So, how was your first day of school? You didn't rat us out, right?" Shigaraki asked. Tori thought for a moment on how to sum it up. "No, I didn't rat you guys out. But Mrs. Lee says I'm a little ahead so she gave me extra work to see how much I knew. I also made a friend, Mahi Medusa! She's really cool and she has a really neat quirk!" Tori said. Shigaraki looked surprised.

"Let me guess... It has something to do with freezing people or something?" Shigaraki guessed. Tori looked amazed. "Yeah how did you know?" She asked. Shigaraki smirked, he must've forgotten his mask when leaving, he usually had his mask on in public to hide his face and annoyed looks. "Her name is a dead giveaway." He explained. They walked silently until they got to the base, where Kurogiri had hot chocolate ready for them.

This was Tori's routine for the next three weeks. Kurogiri would drop her off, she would hang out with Medusa during lunch and recess, and then Shigaraki would walk with her home. Tori liked it, it was nice having a new friend and something to do for most of the day. Sadly, her routine would be broken by a single woman.

~

Shigaraki and Tori were on there way to the bar when the woman approached them. Shigaraki stopped and pulled Tori closer to him with three fingers. "What do you want." He said, trying to get around her. He was impatient in the cold and wanted to go home. The lady looked at Tori, something seemed awfully familiar about her. She had the same pink hair, though her eyes were a piercing blue. She wore a rose colored dress under her light pink designer coat and so much jewelry Shigaraki couldn't help but wonder how she was casually walking in this neighborhood without getting mugged.

"This is my child, I would like to have her back." The woman ordered, pointing at Tori. Her haughty attitude irked Shigaraki. "Do you really? Last time I checked I was the one who took her in off the streets that you probably left her on, and I have been taking care of her the past two months. If you really wanted her back you should've reported her missing." Shigaraki told the woman, Tori's grip on his shirt tightened. He knew this day would come, eventually someone would go looking for her.

"It's a family matter that I don't want to explain to you, now please, hand me the child, I'll give you money for not letting her die on those streets and for rightfully returning her." The woman bribed, shuffling through her purse to reveal a stack of cash. Shigaraki stood his ground. "I know you're doing something bad to her, so no again, you can't have her." Tomura refused. "Or I can go into a much more violent matter." The woman added as she snapped her fingers to summon two buff people in suits. Now Shigaraki was pissed.

"Fuck off bitch, she's just fine with me." Shigaraki growled, he bared his teeth. The woman rolled her eyes. "Come on, if we're really going to have to fight, let's go some where more private. I don't want to cause a scene." The woman said nonchalantly.

Shigaraki pulled Tori behind him. "No way in hell am I going anywhere with you, and definitely not Tori!" Shigaraki yelled as he ran at her. The two men blocked him but he put his hand on them and they fell into dust. The woman now showed disgust instead of fear.

"Well, at least there will be no clean-up." The lady smiled. "No one seems to be around, I guess we'll do it the hard way." Shigaraki looked around, the street was full just a little while ago, it must've had to do with her quirk.

Shigaraki took guard as the lady ran at him. She was amazingly fast in heels. Shigaraki waited for her to get close before her reached out and-

He froze in place. Shigaraki's heart ached as the woman snickered as she grabbed Tori, who attempted to run away before the lady snatched her. "Tori, you called her, such a unflattering name to give my daughter." The woman stated with a bored expression. Shigaraki was so focused on reaching Tori that he didn't even realize he was sinking in quick sand.

"SHIGARAKI! HELP!" Tori cried. But those were the last words he heared before getting completely engulfed in the sand.

~Thanks for reading!~