50 : h e r . t r u t h

Beginne am Anfang

"Wait..." Gajeel's head tilted ever so slightly, "if we all went into the Gate together, how did we all get separated? Did that have anything to do with our memories?"

"As far as we could guess, both of those must have had something to do with the dragon spirits just being put inside you. When we stepped through, something went wrong and Anna was the only one who walked out when it was opened in this time. The five of you were flung out the doors and blasted through the roof of the castle, scattering you across Fiore."

"But how come we stayed together?" Natsu asked.

A fond smile crossed Kia's faintly, "Because I made you hold my hand before entering the Gate." She even chuckled a little, "You threw a fit about being too old, but I wouldn't let you win."

Lucy rested a finger against her chin as she thought, "Wait... what day did you exit the Gate?"

Kia didn't hesitate, "July 7th, x777."

While that statement struck quite a few of those listening with shock, one of them was still hanging off of something else that she had said.

"You said you stole your book," Gray asked, "why?"

"To see if I could rewrite it." Kia wasn't surprised that the Ice-make wizard was still remaining attentive to every detail of what she was saying. She was almost thankful that he was helping to keep the story on track, but she knew it wouldn't be her best option at the moment. "In order to stand up against Zeref, I needed to write him out of my book. Dad and I couldn't chance that interfering with what I could do, but we also needed to see if someone besides Zeref could change those books."

Happy floated up to rest on Lucy's shoulder, "Why?"

"So I could rewrite the Book of E.N.D."

Gasps and bulging eyes filled the guild. For those that had an understanding of what Zeref's most powerful demon was, they were completely in awe of what the Phoenix Slayers were saying.

"E.N.D.'s powers have never been awakened and I can make sure that never happens."

"But I thought E.N.D. was created to destroy Zeref?"

Kia nodded at her brother's question, "That is Zeref's hope, but there are other factors that we knew we had to consider."

"Yeah," Lucy chimed in as Happy continued to hang to her shoulder, "like who will control him after Zeref's defeated?"

"Oh..." Natsu's word trailed off as he went into a thinking pose.

"Actually that won't be a problem," Mavis spoke for the first time since Kia had started, "because all of Zeref's creations will disappear when he dies."

Kia nodded, "It's like what he told you after he killed Mard Geer: what he creates, he destroys."

There was a murmur that settled over everyone as they took in the gravity of those words. But there was one deep voice that rang out calmly over the others.

"Then what does that mean for you?"

Kia's gaze shifted to the large blonde that was standing with his arms crossed over his chest. Her heart skipped, hoping that no one would have picked up on what Master Mavis had added, because Laxus' question caused a small frenzy.

"Wait.. does that mean..."

"No way..."

"What are we going to..."

Kia held up a hand to calm the crowd so she could be heard. "That was the main reason Dad wanted me to disconnect myself from Zeref, so that wouldn't happen. And after his attempt with my book at Tartaros, I know I was successful."