xxxiii: only the beginning

I watch my beautiful Dahlia walk on stage to give the Valedictorian speech

Remembering all the nights we spent staying up and practicing the speech makes me laugh inside.

She was so nervous, but with time, Dahlia grew comfortable with the idea of talking in front of our whole class.

Dressed in a short white dress with puffy sleeves, but her graduation gown and cords stand out against it.

There was no question she was the smartest and most dedicated student in our grade. No matter how hard the start was, she ended up here.

And I've never been more proud.

We listen on as she gives her speech, and though a few people aren't listening, I would argue she has most of our attention.

She entrants me. I could drown in her essence, die happily to the sound of her voice.

My parents and Lucy, Andrea, and Jake and Emerson are in the stands somewhere. I know mom and dad are flaunting to everyone around them about Dahlia.

They've fallen completely in love with her too.

When Dahlia's speech ends, everyone claps. I make a rash decision. "Heck yeah! That's my girlfriend!" I shout, standing from my seat.

The crowd goes silent. Fuck.

Her face goes so red I can see it from here, and she gives me a pointed stare as she walks back to her seat.

I wish I could sit next to her. I want to see her face right now, because she's so damn excited.

Dahlia was accepted to A&M with multiple scholarships, and she was really pleased she wouldn't be having to pay as much, or be in debt when she's older.

Though I'm sure I'd help her pay it off.

And guess what bitches...I'm going to college with her! I wasn't expecting to be accepted. I didn't get my hopes up about seeing her every day. But I accepted it.

We both did. We would try and succeed at long distance. But the college accepted us both, and we both let out sighs of relief when we found out.

It's time to walk the stage. I'm toward the beginning, my last name starting with A and all.

When it's my turn to walk the stage, not to brag or anything, but I get a major applause.

A&M also scouted me for their baseball team, so I'm leaving Southview with a major reputation.

I want to come back when I'm older with my face plastered around the school.

Elijah walks the stage next. I'm proud of him for breaking out of his shell. He and Fallon have been happily together since December.

They're moving to California to start a business together. I'll miss them like hell, but I know this isn't the end of our friendship.

Aaliyah is next. And like the boss she is, she's heading to Harvard for law school. Living her Elle Woods life.