ix: bowling alley attire

I don't know how to feel

Blake knows about my siblings. Which isn't a big deal, it just means he's getting closer and closer to me.

Do I feel good about it? Or should I be hesitant? I'm too indecisive for this.

It's the weekend now. I've been sitting on my bed doing many assignments for hours.

Saturday and Sunday are meant to be for hangouts with friends, not doing more school work.

But I love for the praise from teachers. It's the only praise I get.

The 100's scribbled in red ink, comments about how great my essays are, you get the idea.

And bills are due soon, so i'm doing some math for that. We're barely getting by right now.

The grocery budget is gonna have to be cut down a little to make the house payment work.

God, I hate this. Maybe I need to get a job? Help out mom a little. It'd really be hard to get work done though. But it's what's gonna help.

I try googling some job openings. There's a lot of like barista and cook options, but it's not working time wise.

Groaning, I lay back on the bed staring at the ceiling.

When is it my turn to have it easy? I'm so tired. Tired of stressing, crying, overthinking, all of it.

Just when I'm about to start crying, my phone chimes.

Aaliyah: Hey Dahl! Fallon, the guys, and I were gonna go bowling. Want to join?

That sounds fun. I've never had friends to hang out with so it's weird.

Unfortunately, I'm busy watching my brothers since my mom is working.

How sad, my first invitation from a friend and I can't go.

Me: Sounds fun, but I'm watching my brothers :/ Have fun though.

I put my phone in my pocket and walk to the kitchen.

It's like 1 pm, so I'm starting lunch for the boys. Emerson and Jake are watching T.V in the living room.

While I'm pulling out some stuff for mac and cheese, my phone rings. It's a call from Aaliyah.

"Hello?" I start. 

"Hey! Why don't you just bring your brothers? I'm sure they'd have fun." She says.

They would, I know they would. We just don't have the money for that. I'd barely have enough to pay for myself.

"Thanks for considering that, but I haven't gotten um, allowance?" I sound almost unconvinced.

Aaliyah whispers something I can't hear, so I assume she's talking to someone else.

"Don't even worry about it. Blake said he'll pay for you three!" She sounds excited.