xxiii: explanations

Pacing seems like the only logical option right now

Pacing seems like the only logical option right now. Walk around my room for like an hour and maybe the problem will go away, right? Wrong.

Why does she have to be back? My year was already going to shit, I didn't need this too.

Kelsey is a reminder of all the reasons I hate myself. She yelled at me in hallways, told guys to push me around, and led me to destroy my body. I was doing good. I've been eating, trying to forget about calories, but I can only imagine what her return will do.

My phone dings from my bed, and I'm hesitant to check. Will people find out? I wouldn't be surprised if she turns the whole school on me again.

Thankfully, it's just a text from Aaliyah. She wants to bring over dinner so her Fallon and I can...talk? I can't imagine what we would need to talk about, but there are some things I need to say as well.

Southview has blessed me with one thing; Friends. Freshman to Junior year Dahlia would've begged to have them, and now I do. But I haven't been appreciative of it, I haven't exactly been the best girlfriend. Fallon and Aaliyah have always tried being there for me, I think I should start confiding in them too.

Me: Sounds good!

45 minutes later, both girls are at my doorstep with Wingstop. Enough to feed a family of 10 it looks like. "We couldn't decide what we wanted, and then we remembered your brothers were here! So we got a bunch." Was their excuse. I laugh it off and let them come inside.

After giving some wings to Jake and Emerson, I bring the girls to my room. This feels like a conversation to have in private; Even if it means getting my floor dirty.

"Oh my gosh, your room is so cute!" Fallon exclaims.

"You think everything is cute." I point out.

She shrugs, and we set up the food. It is a lot, but I'm trying to help myself. This is what's healthy. I clear my throat to get their attention.

"Before we eat, can I, um, talk to you guys?" I ask.

They nod, and Aaliyah adds an "Of course."

I gulp, trying to figure out how to explain it. "Sorry it's a little hard to talk about."

"Take your time." They both say.

After taking a few deep breaths, I start. "I've been eating outside at the picnic tables with Blake during lunch, and it's not because we want to be alone. In fact it's nothing like that at all because we don't even talk but, anyways,

"We eat together because he knows about my...eating disorder. Wow that feels weird to say out loud. But he's been bringing me lunch and making sure I'm eating."

It's silent for a couple seconds, but then I'm tackled by hugs. "I'm so sorry Dahlia. We could've helped, but we're trash friends." Aaliyah says.

"No you're not, I just kept it a secret." I console.