Chapter 18

Tris POV

All I see is blue. I can't tear my eyes away from his. If I wasn't captivated by blue, I might notice how close we are.

Even if I did, I wouldn't care. He brushes a stray hair away from my face. I place my hands on his chest absentmindedly.

"I've missed you so much. everything about you." He whispers.

"I love you, Four"

We small space we had between us is gone. And his lips are against mine. We soon deepen the kiss. I can feel his hands tracing up and down my back. I kiss him like I'll never be able to again. I run my fingers through his hair, and he-

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

My alarm goes off and I sit up looking around my room, dazed. Then I realize.

I was dreaming. Even my own damn subconscious is yelling at me to get back together with him.

I flip back into my pillows.

I am so screwed. And so completely in love.

Was I ever not? No matter what happens I'm lead back to Tobias. God, I'm stupid. How did I ever question us?

Well, he did get another girlfriend. like right after you broke up. A voice in the back of my head reminds me.

Before I get into a fight with my own brain over what I should do, I start getting ready for school.

I desperately wish I didn't have to go today. I have no idea what to say to Tobias first of all. After finding the bracelet he left for me, and that dream...

Also, since its Friday, the girls will be trying to decide songs for the bonfire tonight. I don't really want to tell them the song I'm planing with everyone around.

*

*

*

By the time lunch rolls around, I'm exhausted. I successfully avoided Tobias all day, which was not easy, and have been brushing off various questions about the party tonight from everyone.

But now, I have to face them all. Its time for lunch, and I can't avoid him forever.

When I get to the table everyone is already there.

"Tris there you are! So since we have no plans yet, just meet us at the beach about half an hour early tonight. we'll just run through some songs then." Marlene says immediately.

"Sounds good." I smile. Thankfully she didn't keep pressing what song I wanted to sing. I already told them one song would be solo, I just didn't say what song.

Everyone breaks off into conversations.

"Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you all day." Chris says to me.

"I know, it's been crazy." I laugh it off. She nods understanding.

"Nice bracelet." she nods toward my wrist. "Is it new?"

She's looking at the gold bracelet Tobias gave me yesterday. I smile softly despite how nervous I was about what He would say to me wearing it.

"Yeah" I say. "I just got it actually."

I glance up and see catch Tobias' eye, the small smile still on my lips. His eyes flicker to the gold band, and a small smirk spreads across his face.

"...I love the simplicity of it." Christina is saying when I look back to her.

"Me too." I agree. Simple, but meaningful.