005. Bell Lap

FIVE / That's a Lot of Blood
Season 1

"Hey, Jake." Az said. She tapped Jake on the shoulder, and he turned around. He looked on edge, his face in a worried expression until he realized who she was.

"Hi," He muttered briefly, looking at his shoes. She was scared he was going to walk into someone as they made their way through the crowded halls.

"So, I know I saw you two days ago, but what's new?" She asked, nudging his shoulder a bit. He was about to answer, but Oliver walked up beside him before he could.

"Hey, Jake, good to see you're back," Oliver said, then added, smirking, "Hey Az."

"Hi." Az nodded and smiled awkwardly.

"Hey, Oliver." Jake spoke.

"How are you doing?" Oliver asked. Azula looked around like a lost toddler looking for his parents. She wanted to find any way out of the conversation. She is not a big fan of Oliver. Him saying "Hey Jake," she could sense his bullshit from 2 miles away. Plus, she knew he has a crush on him, he makes in painfully obvious, it's embarrassing.

Her eyes darted from person to person, until she found Megan next to Lexy. Of course, she was with her crush. She breathed a sigh of relief and speed-walked away from Jake and Oliver. She hoped they would pay no mind to it.

"Azula!" Megan dragged out the end of her name and opened her arms wide with a bright smile on her face. Lexy smiled too. Az and Lexy didn't hate each other at all. They're actually very good friends, even though Lexy is a huge bitch sometimes.

And Junior was there, but that doesn't matter, honestly.

Az and Lexy shared a hug then they both pulled away. The three continued their conversation, talking about how they couldn't believe Oliver was inviting Jake to a party. Megan disagreed when they bashed Jake, but agreed when they were in disbelief. Azula couldn't help but do the same.

"Anyway, McVey told him he can't bring that thing to school anymore. It's disruptive, so, I guess that's something," Lexy finished right before the bell rang. She grabbed onto Junior's hand. Megan gave them the side-eye and Azula snickered

"Lexy," Megan pouted, dragging out the "Y". Lexy smiled and grabbed Megan's hand as well. Megan smiled in satisfaction and the four walked into the school.

"I just can't believe Oliver is inviting him to a party," Lexy continued.

"I'm his friend, and I even agree with that," Azula chimed in, holding onto her bag as if would fly away due to the amount of people in the halls.

"So, what are you wearin' tonight?" Junior asked, acting all cool. Azula cringed silently, scrunching her face up into a disgusted look for just a millisecond.

"Yeah, Lexy. What are you wearin'?" Megan smiled, nudging Lexy's shoulder. Lexy laughed. Megan always had a way of flirting, if that's what you would call it. She could never actually confess to Lexy though...?

"You'll see,"

"I don't know, what if I'm not into it?" Junior asked. Azula cringed again. What does that even mean?