6 | Tuesday, June 1st

Start from the beginning

She hits the mat, and rolls to the side to brace her fall. "You've learned."

"Taught by the best," I return.

"Alright now actually take a break," she orders as she pushes to stand up.

I nod and grab my water from the ground, taking a long sip.

"So, what was different?" she asks.

"I was using my powers. I know you said not to, but it was only to sense what you were doing."

"If it helps to learn then do what you can, but try to notice things without them as well. You don't want to only rely on your abilities."

I nod and take another sip before a knock sounds on the glass door.

Natasha and I turn, seeing Vision standing in the open door. "Hello Natasha, Y/N; I came to tell you that Doctor Hof has your results. She is hoping to speak to you in in Tony's office."

"Well then, let's go," I smile. "Thanks Nat, I'll see you in a bit."

"See you later," she calls as I follow Vision into the hall.

"How is training going?"

"It's going pretty well—still don't think I could take someone on with only my physical abilities, but I could probably hold my own with my powers," I laugh.

"That's good. Your abilities are quite amazing."

"Hmm, they're something."

Vision leads me up the stairs and in the opposite direction of the common space, stopping at a shiny black door.

"I hope she can give you some answers," Vision says gently.

"Thanks, me too," I mumble with a smile.

He nods before turning down the hall, and push through the door and into the office. It's large and open, with a floor to ceiling window on the furthest wall and a dark tinted glass desk that Tony sits at while Doctor Hof stands behind him, pointing to something on a monitor.

"Hey kid, pop a squat on the couch," Tony instructs, not looking up from the screen.

"Hey," I greet, following directions and sitting on the fluffy leather couch in front of the window on the rear wall.

"Evening," Hof smiles. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks. How are you? I can't believe how fast you've gotten through all the data, there was so much."

"Well, I have a good team who helped, and Mr. Stark's equipment here is very advanced, so it made analysis easy."

I open my mouth to reply, but a quiet ding comes from the computer and Fury appears on the screen.

"Hello, Stark, Doctor Hof, L/N."

I didn't know he would be joining...

"Hey Fury," I nod.

"You may proceed whenever you are ready."

"Alright. Well, the results are very much what you were expecting, Y/N," she nods to me. "Your abilities are a result of genetic mutations, likely passed from your parents, and fortunately, I was able to sequence your genome and identify where the change in your DNA happened. It's quite extraordinary," she says excitedly. "While I was able to identify the genes, I could not determine how they allow you to manipulate matter. That is a mystery."

I nod.

She takes us through the tests done. Brain scans, ECG's, CT's, blood.

My head is almost spinning by the end; where my brain is active when I manipulate, how my body temperature rises slightly, how apparently my brain signals mirror the brain activity of someone who is multilingual when I manipulate more than one type of matter at once.