The Life I was Meant to Have

Chapter Thirty: The Life I was Meant to Have

When we arrived back in LA I dropped Dana off at her apartment and Juice stood with her as Happy and I went to my apartment. I was getting out of my car as he climbed off his bike and walked over to me and grabbed my bag. We walked up to the apartment and went inside but the look on Happy's face wasn't good I knew he didn't like it.

"You have been staying in this fucking dump for seven months?" he snapped at me.

"It was the only place I could find on my budget." I said to him as I went in the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of water. "Maintaining the house and this apartment was a lot."

"I was paying the fucking bills at the house; Juice was shredding the checks ya sent him." Happy said as he came in the kitchen behind me. "Don't you fucking check the bank?"

"They work me like a fucking dog here and on my days off I spend most of my time at the beach so no I haven't bother checking it." I snapped back at him. "Happy it's been a long ride and I really don't feel like fighting with you about this can we just let it go?"

"A'ight." he said walking over to me and held on to my hips. "I just hate knowing you stood in this place alone."

"It sucked in the beginning but I got used to it a little." I said as I kissed under his jaw and he growled. "It has never felt like home but I didn't want it to because it was just a place for now."

"Yeah home is in Charming." He said as he lifted me up and placed me on the edge of the counter. "Rosen better be quick because we are not staying here long."

His mouth was on mine before I could answer him and our tongues battle for control. Just as the kiss was getting hotter there was a knock at the door. "Fuck." I said breathlessly as I pulled away from Happy's mouth and he growled at me. "Who is it?" I screamed at the door as Happy trailed kisses down my throat.

"It's Michael, I noticed your car outside and came over to see how your trip was." I heard my neighbor say from the other side of the door and Happy's kisses came to a stop. "Jessica are you ok in there you sound like you are out of breath?"

"Who the fuck is that?" Happy snapped at me as he pulled away. "I thought you said you weren't with no other fucking dude."

"Happy I'm not." I said as I reached for him and he backed away from me some more. "He is just the neighbor next door."

Just as Happy opened his mouth to say something there was another knock. "Jessica are you alright?" Michael asked again.

"Go answer the fucking door before he plays hero and breaks the fucker down and I have to shoot his ass." Happy snapped at me. "Do you got any beer in this fucking place?" I nodded my head as I slid off the counter and walked to the door.

"Hey Michael." I said opening the door. "I'm kind of in the middle of something can we talk later?"

"Sweetie I just wanted to find out how your trip was." He said as he pushed pass me into the apartment. "So is Dana here or did she go home?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"She ain't here." Happy said in a menacing voice as he leaned against the kitchen doorway and his cut fell open with his gun becoming visible from the way he was leaning. "Didn't Jess tell ya she was busy?"

Michael quickly turned towards Happy and his eyes just about shot out of their sockets and then turned back to me. "Are you in some kind of trouble here?"

"No I'm not in any trouble, Michael this is my boyfriend Happy." I said to him as I looked over at Happy and he was glaring at Michael. "My trip back home was good but we just got here, we're tired and want to rest."