28.

{Italics - diary's content.}

When I entered my room again, I quickly dashed towards the diary. But a thought crossed my mind.

This diary is incomplete. It seems like it won't make sense unless you know what it was talking about, Flipping through the pages aimlessly, hoping to find any clue.

Matteo entered my room unannounced. Crossing the distance between us, he settled on the study table.

"Have you read the diary?" He motioned at it with his eyes.

"Uhh, yes?" I replied, still flipping the pages.

"Do you know what she is talking about?" He asked quietly, almost inaudible for me.

"No. That's the crisis, dude."
"Only one person could have told you what happened with her." He sighed.

"Aurora Luigi. She was the only person who could have told you what exactly happened with her. But..." He let out a deep breath. "Unfortunately, she is no more. Mom could have helped you."

Authors POV.

Skipping down the stairs at 1 in the morning was not the best idea, I tell you.

When Allegra heard Aurora's name she was shocked, but when she heard that she was their mom, she was stunned.

Many questions were swirling in her head, which was messing with her.

She was curious. The sudden change of events in her life was messing with her mental health and, God knows why she was this curious about it.

Never in her life has she been curious about anyone or anything. She likes to keep everything private to herself and others.

The main question is if Aurora is their mother, according to Matteo, then how come Rosa is their mother, according to Leo?

She quietly opened the main door and went towards the backyard, where the abandoned room was. She somehow managed to cross the still soft ground and entered the room.

Grabbing the book from the shelf, she settled on the torn couch.

The book itself looked old and rusty. She opened the book and flipped over to the first page.

_____

January 1996.

I met him through my dad. He held one of the luxurious parties at his mansion, and all the mafias were, invited. He was gentlemen, no doubt.

The way he smiled over at me whenever our eyes would meet. His ocean blue eyes would twinkle whenever someone would crack a silly joke. At that moment she fell in love.

_____

Allegra almost puked over the book while reading all of that.

____

May 1996.

We went on a few dates before my father declared our wedding. Both of us were shocked but accepted it anyway as we liked each other. Sergio, as my husband. It sounds so good.

______

August 1996.

I just found out I'm 1.5 months pregnant. And I'm just waiting for Sergio to come back from his business trip. I've even decided the names for the baby. If it's a boy, I'll name him Antonio.