A Normal Christmas Evening

I'll be taking a midnight stroll. I'll be back in a while, alright?

No worries, little brother. I'll just stay right here, waiting for you to return just like always~!

Oh, and if you get into any sort of scuffle, your big sister will come rushing to you, okay!?

Mari, I'm not twelve years old anymore. I can handle myself... you should focus more on your health right now.

My, my. What an attitude you have, mister. Hmmm... I wonder who you've learned that from?

...

I'm sorry, but I just don't want to talk about it now.

We've just met after years of separation and this is how you treat your older sister? Maybe I would need to have a little chat with a certain misses and give her a piece of my mind.

There's no need for that. I'm confident that she - of all people - have no connection to... whatever you're saying.

Woah there. That's just a joke, Sunny. Maybe *something* did happen to you... Are you sure you're alright?

Huh... a lot of things have happened, Mari, but I can assure you that it's not severe or life-threatening.

Just stay safe, Mari. I just have a lot of things to clear up and I need to meet a few people alongside that.

...

You know what, you're absolutely correct. I know that you're old enough to defend yourself... It's just that you' ll never *not* be my adorable little brother, got it?

I won't argue with that. Again, stay safe and if I'm not home after midnight, you guys can start the party without me.

Hey, now. Don't talk as if you're alone like always. I'm gonna keep reminding you that your sister never left your side, you know that, right?

...

Yes, yes. I know, Mari. I promise I won't get myself in trouble... or at least put myself into trouble.

Goodness, fine. I'll take your word for it. Bye-bye, my little sunshine. It seems that I have guests right behind our door.

That's nice. Tell them I said hello... and that you can start without me if I don't return soon.

I love you Sunny!

------------------------------------------------------------

" ... "

" ⁱ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒᵒ, ᵐᵃʳⁱ. "

One evening - where all the times are jolly and cheery - the Faraway Town is now hosting their annual Christmas festival right into the heart of their prosperous town. In no time flat, flyers of advertisement are scattered across multiple houses and even different types of infrastructures to show that the holiday spirit is as strong. Just like last year ... and the year before that... and the year before that...